Mailing List Archive

Exception when search with accents.
Hello! I've been trying Lucene during some time, and
I like it, it seems to be pretty good. I'm trying to do a
Web searcher (similar to WebSearch) but I'm in a trouble.
If I want to seach exactly "รก" in a Lucene app, running it in
a Command Line (like demo/SearchFiles) it throws an exception:

Exception in thread "main" com.lucene.queryParser.TokenMgrError: Lexical
error a
t line 1, column 2. Encountered: <EOF> after : ""
at com.lucene.queryParser.QueryParserTokenManager.getNextToken

(QueryParserTokenManager.java:446)
at com.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.jj_ntk(QueryParser.java:505)
at
com.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.Modifiers(QueryParser.java:191)
at com.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.Query(QueryParser.java:226)
at com.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.parse(QueryParser.java:72)
at com.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.parse(QueryParser.java:49)
at com.i2a.websearch.WebSearcher.search(WebSearcher.java:72)
at demo.SearchFiles.main(SearchFiles.java:77)

in the other hand, if I try the same from a WebApp (like WebSearch) it
doesn't throw it.
I' ve been "playing" with Character Encodings and Locale Configs, but I
didn't obtain anything.
Can someone help me?

Thanks.

P.D: Platform = NT 4.0 Service Pack 6, JDK 1.3