Mailing List Archive

Searching for Extended ASCII Characters
hi all,

Is there any way to Search for extended ASCII characters words like

catègorie

acanthocéphales ??

with regards

Srini

Srinivasa . V

Software Engineerr

netkraft Pvt. Ltd.,

Visit us: www.net-kraft.com

Re: Searching for Extended ASCII Characters [ In reply to ]
Since Lucene is written in Java, shouldn't it be possible to use the Unicode
equivalents of these characters to index and search???

I haven't done any work yet with Internationalization in Lucene, but I'm
assuming it should work with many languages.