Mailing List Archive

indexing mechanism failure.....
Hi,
The indexing mechanism fails under the following circumstances. This is what
I tried out
1. Created indexes on a folder containg .doc files
2. Carried out search on a particular words. Result was obtained accurately.
3. Then I again indexed a particular folder and half way I just aborted the
process
4. Carried out the search for the particular words, the end-result was "0
total matching documents"
Hence in event of a thread crash or shutting down of the application or
simple power failure the indexing does not reflect the existing documents
which were indexed previously.
This state is highly inconsistent.
How do I protect my application from this type of failure?
Regards,
Sunil Zanjad