Congratulations and welcome!

--
Adrien

Re: Welcome Ben Trent as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome and congratulations, Ben!

Re: Welcome Ben Trent as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome Ben, congratulations!

Re: Welcome Ben Trent as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congratulations Ben!

Re: Welcome Ben Trent as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congratulations and welcome, Ben!

On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 7:18 AM Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Ben Trent has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Ben, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a
> brief bio.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> --
> Adrien

Anshum Gupta
Re: Welcome Ben Trent as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]

Re: Welcome Ben Trent as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Hey y'all!

This is truly an honor!

Well, I am Ben Trent and have been writing code for over a decade now.
Which I know is not a very long time compared to most folks. I originally
wanted to do research and work in pure mathematics (my baccalaureate), but
quickly realized I am nowhere near smart enough to make money at that. So,
like many folks, I switched to computing and haven't looked back.

In my spare time (when not wrangling one of my children), I enjoy movies
(especially old kung fu, anything Golden Harvest or Shaw Brothers), good
beer, reading, playing guitar, and hiking.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! See you online!

Ben

On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 10:26 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <

Re: Welcome Ben Trent as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congratulations and welcome Ben!!

And hello from another aspiring mathematician turned software engineer :)

Re: Welcome Ben Trent as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congratulations, Ben! Welcome.

On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 11:06 AM Julie Tibshirani <julietibs@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome Ben!!
>
> And hello from another aspiring mathematician turned software engineer :)
>
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 9:40 AM Benjamin Trent <ben.w.trent@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey y'all!
>>
>> This is truly an honor!
>>
>> Well, I am Ben Trent and have been writing code for over a decade now.
>> Which I know is not a very long time compared to most folks. I originally
>> wanted to do research and work in pure mathematics (my baccalaureate), but
>> quickly realized I am nowhere near smart enough to make money at that. So,
>> like many folks, I switched to computing and haven't looked back.
>>
>> In my spare time (when not wrangling one of my children), I enjoy movies
>> (especially old kung fu, anything Golden Harvest or Shaw Brothers), good
>> beer, reading, playing guitar, and hiking.
>>
>> Thank you all for the warm welcome! See you online!
>>
>> Ben
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 10:26 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <
>> ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Welcome and congratulations, Ben!

- Vigya
Re: Welcome Ben Trent as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congratulations, Ben.

On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 8:40 PM Benjamin Trent <ben.w.trent@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey y'all!
>
> This is truly an honor!
>
> Well, I am Ben Trent and have been writing code for over a decade now.
> Which I know is not a very long time compared to most folks. I originally
> wanted to do research and work in pure mathematics (my baccalaureate), but
> quickly realized I am nowhere near smart enough to make money at that. So,
> like many folks, I switched to computing and haven't looked back.
>
> In my spare time (when not wrangling one of my children), I enjoy movies
> (especially old kung fu, anything Golden Harvest or Shaw Brothers), good
> beer, reading, playing guitar, and hiking.
>
> Thank you all for the warm welcome! See you online!
>
> Ben
>
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 10:26 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <
> ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Welcome and congratulations, Ben!
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 8:48 PM Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm pleased to announce that Ben Trent has accepted the PMC's
>> > invitation to become a committer.
>> >
>> > Ben, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a
>> > brief bio.
>> >
>> > Congratulations and welcome!
>> >
>> > --
>> > Adrien

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev
https://t.me/MUST_SEARCH
A caveat: Cyrillic!
Re: Welcome Ben Trent as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome, Ben!

Re: Welcome Ben Trent as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
congratulations ben!
m.g.
________________________________

On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 8:48 PM Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com<mailto:jpountz@gmail.com>> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Ben Trent has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Ben, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a
> brief bio.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> --
> Adrien

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev
https://t.me/MUST_SEARCH
A caveat: Cyrillic!
Re: Welcome Ben Trent as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congratulations and welcome, Ben!

Xugang

https://www.amazingkoala.com.cn

Re: Welcome Ben Trent as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congratulations and welcome, Ben.

Dawid

Re: Welcome Ben Trent as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Hi Benjamin,

Welcome on the team! Looking forward to work with you.

Uwe

Am 27. Januar 2023 18:39:22 MEZ schrieb Benjamin Trent <ben.w.trent@gmail.com>:
>Hey y'all!
>
>This is truly an honor!
>
>Well, I am Ben Trent and have been writing code for over a decade now.
>Which I know is not a very long time compared to most folks. I originally
>wanted to do research and work in pure mathematics (my baccalaureate), but
>quickly realized I am nowhere near smart enough to make money at that. So,
>like many folks, I switched to computing and haven't looked back.
>
>In my spare time (when not wrangling one of my children), I enjoy movies
>(especially old kung fu, anything Golden Harvest or Shaw Brothers), good
>beer, reading, playing guitar, and hiking.
>
>Thank you all for the warm welcome! See you online!
>
>Ben
>
>On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 10:26 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <
>ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Welcome and congratulations, Ben!
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 8:48 PM Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm pleased to announce that Ben Trent has accepted the PMC's
>> > invitation to become a committer.
>> >
>> > Ben, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a
>> > brief bio.
>> >
>> > Congratulations and welcome!
>> >
>> > --
>> > Adrien

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de
Re: Welcome Ben Trent as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congratulations Ben!

Re: Welcome Ben Trent as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome, Ben!
--------------------------
*Alessandro Benedetti*
Director @ Sease Ltd.
*Apache Lucene/Solr Committer*
*Apache Solr PMC Member*

e-mail: a.benedetti@sease.io

*Sease* - Information Retrieval Applied
Consulting | Training | Open Source

Website: Sease.io <http://sease.io/>
LinkedIn <https://linkedin.com/company/sease-ltd> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/seaseltd> | Youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDx86ZKLYNpI3gzMercM7BQ> | Github
<https://github.com/seaseltd>

Re: Welcome Ben Trent as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congrats and welcome Ben!