What I can do is monitor this thread and if the consensus seems to be
there, make a ticket that a volunteer can work on in the future (or maybe
me in the far future, likely after I have some more direct experience from
implementing it for Uno-Jar and JesterJ).

-Gus

--
http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
http://www.the111shift.com (play)
Re: [DISCUSS:] Reproducible Builds [ In reply to ]
The goals / purpose of "Reproducible Builds" makes sense to me.

However I wish the output that is the subject of reproducibility could be
the JAR *exclusive* of its MANIFEST.MF. There is some interesting metadata
in there -- not essential but a shame to throw away in the name of
reproducibility.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

Re: [DISCUSS:] Reproducible Builds [ In reply to ]
Maybe there is another place to make that information available? The
release page?