Mailing List Archive

Need your perspective on Garbage Collection
Hi,
The issue is my garbage collection is running quite often i configure my
JVM as recommended (Gone though several articles ,blogs on lucene) also
provide enough RAM and memory (not as large to trigger GC ) .Main cause of
concern is GC run for more than 10 min (sometimes even 15 min)
This make whole server stuck and search is not responding . to solve it
what i am doing right now is restarting my server (very bad approach) can
you please help me in managing it and provide your insight what steps or
configuration i should prefer some useful way to optimize it .
my index size 700 GB

what configurations you suggest for it ,
like jvm,ram ,cpu cores,heap size,young and old genration.
I hope to hear from you soon