`production` branch doesn't seem to trigger a build on
https://ci2.apache.org/#/builders/3 and I'm not seeing the production
website getting updated either.

Is someone familiar with how the build hooks with git pushes and could give
me pointers to debug why pushes to the production branch are not triggering
builds?

--
Adrien
Re: Main website not building [ In reply to ]
Hi I fixed this.

This was caused because due to maerging from main->production the fix of
.asf.yaml was merged, too (this was caused by repairing the problems
from lucenepy with a duplicate master branch). So the production branch
was building but was deployed to Staging.

I tried to exclude asf.yaml from any merging, but there is no way to put
a "sticky" bit on it. If anybody has an idea how to tell git: never
touch asf.aml while merging, tell me!

Uwe

--
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
Re: Main website not building [ In reply to ]
Thanks Uwe!

--
Adrien
Re: Main website not building [ In reply to ]
In .gitattributes add a line
asf.yaml merge=ours

Re: Main website not building [ In reply to ]
Thanks Mike,

That's what I did long time ago (see our repo). It seems to only have an effect if there's a conflict. When it's automatic it just merges.

Uwe

--
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen