* Only issues with Milestone version 9.4.1 and priority "Blocker" will delay
a release candidate build.

As I mentioned yesterday, I plan to merge this important fix into
branch_9_4: https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/11861. I didn't hear from
people about other changes that were important to backport and release. So
my plan is to start building a release candidate soon, hopefully having it
ready in a few hours, by the end of my day.

Julie
Re: Bugfix release Lucene 9.4.1 [ In reply to ]
Hello,

I spoke with Julie and I agree to take over the release manager duties for
this release. I will shortly astart the vote.

In the meanwhile, here are the release notes that Julie had already
prepared for review:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENE/Release+Notes+9.4.1

Re: Bugfix release Lucene 9.4.1 [ In reply to ]
Hello,

I am currently stuck on the release on the lucene site. I think I have
everything in place but it seems it is not building properly so when I look
into staging I see nothing:

https://lucene.staged.apache.org/

I have tried to build it locally without success and have no clue how to
debug it further. Hopefully someone can help here. I see in the logs many
failures like:

WARNING: Feeds generated without SITEURL set properly may not be valid
ERROR: Could not process
pylucene/pylucene_news/2020-04-29-8-3-0-available.md
| module 'markdown' has no attribute 'version_info'
ERROR: Could not process core/core_news/2018-06-27-7-4-0-available.md
| module 'markdown' has no attribute 'version_info'
ERROR: Could not process core/core_news/2014-04-15-4-7-2-available.md
| module 'markdown' has no attribute 'version_info'
ERROR: Could not process core/core_news/2020-03-24-8-5-0-available.md
| module 'markdown' has no attribute 'version_info'
ERROR: Could not process core/core_news/2020-10-07-8-6-3-available.md
| module 'markdown' has no attribute 'version_info'

Thanks,

Ignacio

Re: Bugfix release Lucene 9.4.1 [ In reply to ]
I push the following commit to the lucene-site which seems to fix the
issue. New versions of Markdown seem to break the build.

https://github.com/apache/lucene-site/commit/dc74048f65395ce853a7d93d9b4750db073973df