Mailing List Archive

To committers: Use Milestones for release planning
Hi devs,

We use Milestone for release planning in GitHub instead of issue labels.
The change was suggested/discussed in a recent mail thread [1].

In short,

1. Use Milestone for release planning. An issue/PR can have only one
Milestone.
2. Do not use JIra-style "fix-versoin" label.

If an Issue/PR should be delivered in 9.4.0, mark it as Milestone 9.4.0; if
it should be delivered in 10.0.0, mark it as Milestone 10.0.0; if the
delivery version is not determined yet, do nothing.

E.g.,
Milestone 10.0.0: https://github.com/apache/lucene/milestone/2
Milestone 9.4.0: https://github.com/apache/lucene/milestone/3

See GitHub issue how-to
<https://github.com/apache/lucene/blob/main/dev-docs/github-issues-howto.md>
for general guidelines, please.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/b2xsx02wswzjzs5dzkox9njv4t8t1vf5

Tomoko
Re: To committers: Use Milestones for release planning [ In reply to ]
If you are not familiar with GitHub's Milestone, you can set a Milestone
from the right panel on the Issue/PR page.
See the attached image.

Tomoko