Mailing List Archive

Missing tags for recent 8.x Solr releases
Hi,

It appears that recent 8.x Solr releases (post 8.8.1) haven't been
tagged on the Git repository[1]

Is this an intentional release process change? Seeing as how the 9.0.0
release was correctly tagged, could the missing releases be backtagged
with the correct dates? The list of untagged releases is quite small:

8.8.2, 8.9.0, 8.10.0, 8.10.1
8.11.0, 8.11.1, 8.11.2

Context: Writing this on behalf of the endoflife.date project, where we
recently[2] added a endoflife.date/solr page. To track new releases
automatically, we track tags on upstream repositories. In this case,
tracking the repo would get us 8.8.1 as the latest release instead of
8.11.2. We could also track Docker images, but they seem to lag behind
by a few days, and wouldn't give us good enough coverage.

Please keep me in cc for replies.

Thanks,
Nemo

[1]: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=solr.git;a=tags.
[2]: https://github.com/endoflife-date/endoflife.date/pull/1389

Re: Missing tags for recent 8.x Solr releases [ In reply to ]
+dev@solr
-dev@lucene to bcc

Hi Nemo,

The canonical location of our tags for the 8.x release line is
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;a=tags

The tags for 9.x (and future) will all be at
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=solr.git;a=tags as you have found.
This is the unfortunate result of some continued split development.

We may be able to copy the 8.x tags to the solr repo as well, but I'm not
certain what our options are.

Mike