clues but is also applied to committers to avoid mistakes and reduce
efforts to make a correct account mapping.

Please note that: If your GitHub name and Jira Full Name are set to
different values, WE DO NOT ENSURE THAT YOUR PAST CONTRIBUTIONS IN JIRA ARE
PROPERLY ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR GITHUB ACCOUNT.

This should be done before issue migration (maybe some days this August).
If you have any questions, reply to this mail.

Tomoko
Re: [IMPORTANT] Please set your GitHub profile "name" to your Jira "Full Name" for account mapping [ In reply to ]
Hi all,
we created account mapping (Jira user to GitHub account) for issue
migration to GitHub. Please make sure your account is correctly mapped.
https://github.com/apache/lucene-jira-archive/blob/main/migration/mappings-data/account-map.csv.20220722.verified

The mapping was generated in the following steps.
1. Collect Jira users from the whole Lucene Jira history.
2. Collect candidate GitHub accounts by searching GitHub by Jira users'
full names.
3. Generate candidate account mapping
<https://github.com/apache/lucene-jira-archive/blob/main/migration/mappings-data/account-map.csv.20220722.232738>
by comparing Jira users' and GitHub accounts' full names.
4. Verify the candidate GitHub accounts by checking if (1) the GitHub
account has push access to apache/lucene repository
<https://github.com/apache/lucene>, or (2) the GitHub account has been
logged as commit author in the repo's commit history at least once.
5. Manually add mappings for committers' accounts that were not generated
by step 3, if the mapping can be inferred from names.

We put priority on avoiding false positives, so many correct mappings
should have been dropped in the verification step 4.
We accept pull requests to add/edit (or remove, if you'd like to opt-out) the
mapping file
<https://github.com/apache/lucene-jira-archive/blob/main/migration/mappings-data/account-map.csv.20220722.verified>
until August 5th.

On the issue migration,
- Jira users (reporters/assignees/comment authors) that are mapped to
GitHub accounts will be mentioned by their GItHub accounts in the migrated
GitHub issues.
- Jira users that are not mapped to GitHub accounts will be mentioned by
their Jira full names in the migrated GitHub issues.

If you have any questions, please reply to this mail.

Tomoko

Re: [IMPORTANT] Please set your GitHub profile "name" to your Jira "Full Name" for account mapping [ In reply to ]
This is additional information to improve the account mapping.

> We accept pull requests to add/edit (or remove, if you'd like to opt-out) the
mapping file
<https://github.com/apache/lucene-jira-archive/blob/main/migration/mappings-data/account-map.csv.20220722.verified>
until August 5th.

We also accept requests for adding/editing mapping entries by e-mails.
Private e-mails are OK; just reply to me to add your account to the mapping.
Although we created a draft mapping with the best effort, it's far from
perfect - 1000+ Jira usernames (issue reporters and comment authors) still
remain unmapped since we have few clues to infer correct mappings.

Thanks,
Tomoko