You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:

python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-9.2.0-RC1-rev-978eef5459c7683038ddcca4ec56e4baa63715d0

Given that we have a weekend coming up, the vote will be open for at least 5 days i.e. until 2022-05-23 13:00 UTC.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1
Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.2.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1

SUCCESS! [0:35:17.914586]

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.2.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
The smoketester failed for me. Strange that it didn't fail for anyone
else. My command line:

$ export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk/
$ python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py --test-java17
/home/rmuir/Downloads/jdk
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-9.2.0-RC1-rev-978eef5459c7683038ddcca4ec56e4baa63715d0

(after many hours)...

confirm all releases have coverage in TestBackwardsCompatibility
find all past Lucene releases...
run TestBackwardsCompatibility..
Releases that don't seem to be tested:
8.6.1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/rmuir/workspace/lucene/dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py",
line 1188, in <module>
main()
File "/home/rmuir/workspace/lucene/dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py",
line 1122, in main
smokeTest(c.java, c.url, c.revision, c.version, c.tmp_dir,
c.is_signed, c.local_keys, ' '.join(c.test_args),
File "/home/rmuir/workspace/lucene/dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py",
line 1176, in smokeTest
unpackAndVerify(java, tmpDir, 'lucene-%s-src.tgz' % version,
gitRevision, version, testArgs)
File "/home/rmuir/workspace/lucene/dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py",
line 524, in unpackAndVerify
verifyUnpacked(java, artifact, unpackPath, gitRevision, version, testArgs)
File "/home/rmuir/workspace/lucene/dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py",
line 629, in verifyUnpacked
confirmAllReleasesAreTestedForBackCompat(version, unpackPath)
File "/home/rmuir/workspace/lucene/dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py",
line 1108, in confirmAllReleasesAreTestedForBackCompat
raise RuntimeError('some releases are not tested by
TestBackwardsCompatibility?')
RuntimeError: some releases are not tested by TestBackwardsCompatibility?

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.2.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
It seems strange the way that
confirmAllReleasesAreTestedForBackCompat() parses the output of the
test's results, especially with test.verbose enabled.
It uses regex to "look" for certain prints from the test in order to
"see" that each release is tested.
Maybe regex failed because something randomly got printed to stdout at
that time (its passing tests.verbose, could be anything)?
Would it be better to just inspect the backward_index folder and look
at the .zip filenames?

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.2.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
I opened issue about this. It shouldn't block the release, but it is
pretty crazy and something to improve.

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.2.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 SUCCESS! [0:43:09.481661]

I'm not going to get hung up on an issue with the smokeTester if
Robert's not :) BTW thank you for running on slow machine that takes
many hours!

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.2.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 SUCCESS! [0:59:19.002348]

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 5:59 AM Alan Woodward <romseygeek@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene 9.2.0
>
> The artifacts can be downloaded from:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-9.2.0-RC1-rev-978eef5459c7683038ddcca4ec56e4baa63715d0
>
> You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:
>
> python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-9.2.0-RC1-rev-978eef5459c7683038ddcca4ec56e4baa63715d0
>
> Given that we have a weekend coming up, the vote will be open for at least
> 5 days i.e. until 2022-05-23 13:00 UTC.
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here is my +1

Anshum Gupta
Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.2.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 SUCCESS! [0:57:28.654665]

Thanks Alan!

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.2.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 SUCCESS! [1:12:17.482213]

Thank you Alan!

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 9.2.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
Alan noticed a backward compatibility issue in LUCENE-10312 and I'm working
on it.
I think respin would be needed - sorry for the additional work.

Tomoko