appear to be failing because they're trying to run with JDK 11 instead
of 17. Any pointers to where I might go to fix this? I'm happy to try
to update the setup for these regression tests, but I'm not sure where
to start to be honest.

https://github.com/apache/lucene/runs/5074324463?check_suite_focus=true

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
-Greg

Re: Hunspell regression tests still using JDK 11? [ In reply to ]
Hi Greg,

I think it's a workflow definition, here:
https://github.com/apache/lucene/blob/main/.github/workflows/hunspell.yml#L22

Dawid

Re: Hunspell regression tests still using JDK 11? [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the pointer Dawid! I created a PR to bump the JDK version
to 17 but the github checks don't appear to have fired for the change,
so I'm not sure it's correct. If anyone has tips on testing this
change (e.g., getting the github checks to fire or otherwise), please
let me know. I'll keep messing with this on Monday.

https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/651

Cheers,
-Greg

Re: Hunspell regression tests still using JDK 11? [ In reply to ]
Hi,
we have three GitHub Actions jobs and each job configuration/build
matrix (test OS and JDK) has to be hard-coded in the job itself (it
can't be shared across jobs).
This could be improved by having a custom action to set a common build
matrix for all jobs.
I opened a PR to show how it looks like. There are pros and cons, and
I think some people might dislike introducing such customization (and
complexity) into the workflow configurations.
https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/696

I'm not going to merge it for now (without approval) but if anyone is
interested would you leave your comments on it. Thanks.

Tomoko