8.11 and 9.0 release notes
Hello,

I started working on the 8.11 and 9.0 release notes, can you help me add
highlights that I missed?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENE/Release+Notes+8.11
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENE/Release+Notes+9.0

--
Adrien
Re: 8.11 and 9.0 release notes [ In reply to ]
Re: the statement about our mirroring setup; I wonder if we should
re-word it to reflect the new CDN setup

https://fossforce.com/2021/10/apache-foundation-moves-from-mirrors-to-a-cdn-to-distribute-software/

Maybe we could strike this note now (deployment to CDNs is expected to
be faster):

Note: The Apache Software Foundation uses an extensive mirroring
network for distributing releases. It is possible that the mirror you
are using may not have replicated the release yet. If that is the
case, please try another mirror. This also applies to Maven access.

Re: 8.11 and 9.0 release notes [ In reply to ]
I changed the wording so it mentions the new CDN

Re: 8.11 and 9.0 release notes [ In reply to ]
Deployment in CDN should not take longer than 15 mins, see members list. So the statement is obsolete, because you can send out the mail after that time. Once you as RM see it, everyone sees it.

Uwe