- it's a tradition for you to introduce yourself, even if we've been
seeing you for quite a while! :)

Dawid

Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congratulations and welcome, Michael!

Koji

Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome Michael Gibney! It's about time :-)

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Yaaaaay! Another Michael!!!

Welcome, and thank you for all the hard work on searching token graphs /
true multi-token synonym support :)

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Thank you all for the welcome!

I work as a software developer at the University of Pennsylvania
libraries (Philadelphia), with a focus on indexing and search using
Lucene and Solr. I am particularly interested in search precision,
semantic concept navigation, synonyms/hyponyms/hypernyms, faceted
classification, hierarchical faceting, and performance at scale.

Less obviously relevant to Lucene: I am interested in social and
technological aspects of trust (security, privacy, authentication,
non-repudiation, etc.); I am also a musician.

On the Lucene side: I hope to follow up in some manner on the
considerable work I've already put into describing and addressing the
challenges of positional/"graph phrase" queries. I have also worked to
implement fully-streaming offset-aware (CharFilter) ICU
transliteration (as exciting as it sounds arcane!), and I'm eager to
see that work through to completion.

I am profoundly honored to have been invited to join the Lucene
project as a committer. I am daily inspired by the encouragement,
advice, criticism, respect, and technical excellence that define this
community, and I look forward to contributing to the community in that
same spirit.

Michael

Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congratulations and welcome, Michael! :D

Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome Michael!

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 4:12 PM Namgyu Kim <kng0828@gmail.com> wrote:

> Congratulations and welcome, Michael! :D
>
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 10:53 PM Michael Gibney <michael@michaelgibney.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Thank you all for the welcome!
>>
>> I work as a software developer at the University of Pennsylvania
>> libraries (Philadelphia), with a focus on indexing and search using
>> Lucene and Solr. I am particularly interested in search precision,
>> semantic concept navigation, synonyms/hyponyms/hypernyms, faceted
>> classification, hierarchical faceting, and performance at scale.
>>
>> Less obviously relevant to Lucene: I am interested in social and
>> technological aspects of trust (security, privacy, authentication,
>> non-repudiation, etc.); I am also a musician.
>>
>> On the Lucene side: I hope to follow up in some manner on the
>> considerable work I've already put into describing and addressing the
>> challenges of positional/"graph phrase" queries. I have also worked to
>> implement fully-streaming offset-aware (CharFilter) ICU
>> transliteration (as exciting as it sounds arcane!), and I'm eager to
>> see that work through to completion.
>>
>> I am profoundly honored to have been invited to join the Lucene
>> project as a committer. I am daily inspired by the encouragement,
>> advice, criticism, respect, and technical excellence that define this
>> community, and I look forward to contributing to the community in that
>> same spirit.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 9:50 AM Michael McCandless
>> <lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Yaaaaay! Another Michael!!!
>> >
>> > Welcome, and thank you for all the hard work on searching token graphs
>> / true multi-token synonym support :)
>> >
>> > Mike McCandless
>> >
>> > http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Adrien
Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]

Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]

Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congratulations Michael!!

Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congratulations!

Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congrats and welcome, Michael!

Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome Michael!

From: dev@lucene.apache.org At: 10/07/21 14:53:20 UTC+1:00To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer

Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 6:33 AM Dawid Weiss <dawid.weiss@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> Please welcome Michael Gibney as the latest Lucene committer. Michael
> - it's a tradition for you to introduce yourself, even if we've been
> seeing you for quite a while! :)
>
> Dawid

Anshum Gupta
Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome, Michael!

Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congratulations and welcome, Michael!

Best,
Zach

Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome, Michael!

Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome, Michael!

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: Welcome Michael Gibney as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congratulations and welcome, Michael!

Tomoko