Mailing List Archive

[VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.10.0 RC1
Please vote for release candidate 1 for Lucene/Solr 8.10.0

The artifacts can be downloaded from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.10.0-RC1-rev377e7349979f8e418eacf03f1379b3dfacf7cccb

You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:

python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.10.0-RC1-rev377e7349979f8e418eacf03f1379b3dfacf7cccb

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours i.e. until 2021-09-25 16:00 UTC.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1 (binding) SUCCESS! [0:56:24.357153]

Lastly, for those interested in kicking the tires on Solr using
Docker, I posted an *unofficial* Docker image built locally from the
RC to: thelabdude/apache-solr-dev:8.10.0-rc1

We just released v0.4.0 of the Apache Solr Operator, so if you want to
try out this RC on Kubernetes, you can use the following YAML config
in your SolrCloud CR definition:

solrImage:
repository: thelabdude/apache-solr-dev
tag: 8.10.0-rc1

Cheers,
Tim

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1

SUCCESS! [1:09:04.477915]

Just ran smoke tester.

Jan

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
I uploaded the 8.10 Ref Guide to https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_10/ in DRAFT while we’re voting on the release.

I accidentally first uploaded a version of the Ref Guide built on `main` branch back in March (a leftover from before the project split that didn’t get caught with `ant clean`). I’m confident I cleaned it up but please let me know if you see something that shouldn’t be there.

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
Thank you Cassandra! Any idea why the schema designer images are
showing as broken links?
https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_10/schema-designer.html ... the images
are in images/schema-designer

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
Because when I tried to fix my initial mistake I only updated the HTML pages and thought I could skip updating the image dir but forgot there are new ones :-|

I’ll fix it now.

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
OK, they’re fixed in SVN but will take a few minutes to get propagate out to the site. I’ll check in a little bit after dinner.

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 SUCCESS! [1:06:53.158391]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1

SUCCESS! [0:44:36.691319]

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

RE: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
Hi,
all fine from my side:

SUCCESS! [1:26:05.502277]

Finished: SUCCESS
https://jenkins.thetaphi.de/job/Lucene-Solr-Release-Tester/37/console

+1 to release!

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
Hello,

I have found a bad bug <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-10119>
where the sort optimization with points can incorrectly skip documents with
search_after. This bug occurs in Lucene 8.9 and later. I don't consider it
a blocker to require another spin for the current release. However, I would
like to backport it to the 8_10 branch to include the fix in 8.10.0 if we
respin or subsequent 8.10 releases. If there is any concern please let me
know.

Cheers,
Nhat

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 SUCCESS! [1:01:04.224368]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.10.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
SUCCESS! [1:04:04.335749]

I also ran through some manual testing with the new s3-repository contrib
using your convenience docker image, and it worked as expected.

+1