Mailing List Archive

Luke (Lucene 9): ls: ../analysis: No such file or directory
Hi

I have built Lucene 9.0.0-SNAPSHOT locally
(https://github.com/apache/lucene.git) and use the Lucene core libraries
successfully.

In order to introspect the Lucene index I tried to run Luke on Mac OS X

sh bin/luke.sh (from within the luke directory: lucene/lucene/luke)

but then I receive the following error message

ls: ../analysis: No such file or directory

which makes sense, because IIUC the shell script changes to the "bin"
directory and therefore the analysis directory should be referenced  with

../../analysis

Ist this a bug or am I supposed to run Luke differently?

Thanks

Michael

Re: Luke (Lucene 9): ls: ../analysis: No such file or directory [ In reply to ]
Hi,
try this:

./gradlew -p lucene/luke run

Tomoko

Re: Luke (Lucene 9): ls: ../analysis: No such file or directory [ In reply to ]
Hi Tomoko

This works :-) great, thanks!

Would it make sense to add this to

lucene/luke/README.md

and don't mention the scripts inside lucene/luke/bin anymore?

Thanks

Michael

Re: Luke (Lucene 9): ls: ../analysis: No such file or directory [ In reply to ]
No. The gradle task is a shortcut to start luke (directly after source
checkout) for developers, and the shell/bat scripts are still valid
after packaging.

Tomoko

Tomoko

Re: Luke (Lucene 9): ls: ../analysis: No such file or directory [ In reply to ]
ah ok, thanks for explaining!

MIchael