the current release branch.
* Normal unstable and stable branch development may continue as usual.
However, if you plan to commit a big change to the unstable branch
while the branch feature freeze is in effect, think twice: can't the
addition wait a couple more days? Merges of bug fixes into the branch
may become more difficult.
* Only Jira issues with Fix version 8.9 and priority "Blocker" will delay
a release candidate build.
Re: Branch branch_8_9 has been cut and versions updated to 8.10 on stable branch [ In reply to ]
Hi Mayya-

Thanks for writing this up! Yesterday we uncovered a test-case bug in
TestStringValueFacetCounts that can occasionally cause a randomized
test to fail (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9991). I've
pushed a fix on lucene/main for this, but since this test-case (and
corresponding feature) is in the lucene-solr/branch_8_9 branch, it
would be good to include the fix there as well.

I have a pretty limited understanding of how releases get cut, so I
wanted to make sure I'm following the right process for getting this
fix in place. I've just opened two PRs to backport this fix onto:

1. branch_8x: https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/2504
2. branch_8_9: https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/2505

Is this the correct process? Should I also reopen LUCENE-9991 and mark
it as an 8.9 "Blocker"?

Thanks again!

Cheers,
-Greg

Re: Branch branch_8_9 has been cut and versions updated to 8.10 on stable branch [ In reply to ]
Hi Greg,

Since this is only a test patch, I think it is ok to merge this to
branch_8_9 (if somebody thinks otherwise, please let us know).
Please merge it, and I will try to build a release candidate after that.

Re: Branch branch_8_9 has been cut and versions updated to 8.10 on stable branch [ In reply to ]
Thanks Mayya. I've merged the test case patch into both branch_8_9 and
branch_8x.

Cheers,
-Greg

On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 7:18 AM Mayya Sharipova

RE: Branch branch_8_9 has been cut and versions updated to 8.10 on stable branch [ In reply to ]
Hi Mayya,

I updated Policeman Jenkins to build the 8.9 branch, too.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen

<https://www.thetaphi.de> https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Branch branch_8_9 has been cut and versions updated to 8.10 on stable branch [ In reply to ]
Hi Mayya,

I tested the branch_8_9 yesterday and found a behavioral change when using
Faceting with Enum fields, the returned 'val' in the buckets has changed
from EnumFieldValue to a String of the corresponding ordinal.
I think it is related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15191,
I will open a new issue for it.

On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 8:24 PM Mayya Sharipova

Re: Branch branch_8_9 has been cut and versions updated to 8.10 on stable branch [ In reply to ]
Hi Thomas,
thanks for letting us know about this issue. I see that you opened
SOLR-15457 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15457>. Is this a
blocker for 8.9? Should we wait till it gets fixed?

Re: Branch branch_8_9 has been cut and versions updated to 8.10 on stable branch [ In reply to ]
I already fixed it, I hope David can review it as soon as possible. As it
is a behaviour change, I think we should get this one in 8.9

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 3:13 PM Mayya Sharipova

Re: Branch branch_8_9 has been cut and versions updated to 8.10 on stable branch [ In reply to ]
I reviewed and merged it to the relevant branches. Thanks for your
patience Mayya!

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley