Mailing List Archive

Test Framework - Zookeeper Watch Limits
Hi Devs,

Do folks use the Zookeeper watch limits? What are they useful for
debugging? Can somebody give me an example of when they have been
helpful to you?

The main reason I am asking is because I am looking at switching our
TestZookeeper to use the new 3.7.0 ZooKeeperServerEmbedded feature and
it would greatly simplify my task if I didn't need to worry about the
watch limits.

It's believable that they add value, but they also look like the logic
hasn't been touched since 2014 by the mighty Tim Potter.

Most of the times that I see them come up in the test output, it's
because something else failed anyway and we had lots of other watches
not get cleaned up, and the object release tracker went haywire as
well.

Maybe Mark has some stuff on reference branch that makes these more
constrained as well?

Hoping somebody knows the historical context and use case for these!

Mike

Re: Test Framework - Zookeeper Watch Limits [ In reply to ]
Oops, sent to the wrong dev list, my apologies!