You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:

python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.8.2-RC1-reva92a05e195b775b30ca410bc0a26e8e79e7b3bfb

The vote will be open until 2021-04-12 00:00 UTC. I will tally votes on
Monday morning.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1
RE: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 RC1 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

sorry I haven’t seen your message before (it was not sorted into my Lucene mails).

I committed a compile-failure fix into branch_8x and branch_8_8 a while ago, which was marked as blocker (Lucene and Solr failed to compile with Java 17 because of some Javadoc options leading to failures). See more details here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9912

I would not stop the release now, so here’s my +/-0

But if we respin, please include those 2 commits (disabling javadocs options and fixing the javadocs). If not we have to change the FIX version numbers in JIRA!

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen

https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 RC1 [ In reply to ]
Looks good!

+1 (binding)

Ran the smoke tester + verified the ACLs on /security.json. Also ran
through a series of indexing / query load tests with the Solr
operator.

Cheers,
Tim

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 (binding)

Ran a sample indexing/search app and browsed through the admin UI.

Smoketester is happy!

SUCCESS! [1:05:05.761354]

--
Anshum Gupta
Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 (binding)

Ran the smoke tester successfully.

Bruno

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.2 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 (binding)

SUCCESS! [0:56:27.324736]