Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a
brief bio.

Congratulations and welcome!
Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congratulations and welcome, Peter!

Dawid

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congrats and welcome, Peter!

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome!

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome!

http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
http://www.the111shift.com (play)
Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congrats and welcome!

--
Steve

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome Peter! Thank you for the massive Hunspell improvements!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome, Peter!

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome Peter!!

Julie

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome Peter!

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 7:48 PM Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Peter Gromov has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a
> brief bio.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!

--
Adrien
Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome Peter!

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome Peter!

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the honor!

(BTW I'm still not recognized by Github as having write access, and can't
merge my pull requests :))

> Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a
brief bio.

Okay, time for some bragging :) I've been working at JetBrains for some 17
years, most of them on IntelliJ platform <https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/>,
mainly supporting various languages and their infrastructure, analyzing
snapshots and improving performance. Aiming to catch more bugs before they
hit production, I've introduced property-based testing to IntelliJ by
creating a small library called jetCheck
<https://github.com/JetBrains/jetCheck>. Recently I've switched to the
Grazie <https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/12175-grazie> project and now
I do some rule-based computational linguistics there and enhance the IDE
support for English. As Grazie needs LanguageTool
<https://languagetool.org/> and Hunspell, I've also spent some time
rewriting the latter in Java (here in Lucene), and optimizing them both. In
my free time, I like mountain hiking (Munich/Germany is a great location
for that!), and some amateur piano/harmonica playing/singing
<https://www.youtube.com/user/gromopetr/videos>.

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome Peter!

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Did you set your 2FA up and get added to the Apache Software
Foundation Github org?

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 12:42 PM Peter Gromov
<peter.gromov@jetbrains.com.invalid> wrote:

> Thanks for the honor!
>
> (BTW I'm still not recognized by Github as having write access, and can't merge my pull requests :))
>
> > Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a brief bio.
>
> Okay, time for some bragging :) I've been working at JetBrains for some 17 years, most of them on IntelliJ platform, mainly supporting various languages and their infrastructure, analyzing snapshots and improving performance. Aiming to catch more bugs before they hit production, I've introduced property-based testing to IntelliJ by creating a small library called jetCheck. Recently I've switched to the Grazie project and now I do some rule-based computational linguistics there and enhance the IDE support for English. As Grazie needs LanguageTool and Hunspell, I've also spent some time rewriting the latter in Java (here in Lucene), and optimizing them both. In my free time, I like mountain hiking (Munich/Germany is a great location for that!), and some amateur piano/harmonica playing/singing.

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
I have 2FA, but nobody added me to the ASF organization. How does one do
that?

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
See here -
https://git.apache.org/setup/

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 10:52 AM Peter Gromov

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congratulations and welcome, Peter! :D

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 4:12 PM Peter Gromov

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Thanks, that helped!

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome Peter!

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 3:10 PM Peter Gromov

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome, Peter!

I loved the musical videos you've made :)

Erik

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Welcome Peter!

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]
Congrats Peter!
-Yonik

Re: Welcome Peter Gromov as Lucene committer [ In reply to ]

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 10:48 AM Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Peter Gromov has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Peter, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with a
> brief bio.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!

--
Anshum Gupta