can we (should we) update the mailing list address on Solr 8x build jobs to
point at builds@solr.apache.org?

D.
Re: Redirect build logs from Solr 8.x branch to builds@solr.apache.org [ In reply to ]
+1 it would be nice to be able to sort these out differently with filters

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 3:54 AM Dawid Weiss <dawid.weiss@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks!

> D.

+1 Certainly; shouldn't be controversial at all?

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

Re: Redirect build logs from Solr 8.x branch to builds@solr.apache.org [ In reply to ]
The solr 8.x builds (artifacts, cloud2refimpl) already go to builds@solr, what's the problem?

It is only the test jobs that still go to builds@lucene, because they affect both projects. And that's a problem! I'd suggest to send all Lucene-Solr-XXX projects to both lists, because test failures affect both.

I thought about splitting the jobs, but it's not easy with ant, as precommit and similar only work top-level.

I will change the combined builds to sent to both lists.

Uwe

Am April 2, 2021 7:22:54 PM UTC schrieb David Smiley <dsmiley@apache.org>:
>+1 Certainly; shouldn't be controversial at all?
>
>~ David Smiley
>Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
>http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>

>On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 11:02 AM Michael Sokolov <msokolov@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> +1 it would be nice to be able to sort these out differently with
>filters
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 3:54 AM Dawid Weiss <dawid.weiss@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> >

>> > Hi folks!
>> >
>> > I know the development repository for 8x stays in the previous
>location
>> but can we (should we) update the mailing list address on Solr 8x
>build
>> jobs to point at builds@solr.apache.org?
>> >
>> > D.

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de
Re: Redirect build logs from Solr 8.x branch to builds@solr.apache.org [ In reply to ]
Policeman Jenkins changed by config slicing plugin.

ASF takes more time, need to click through.

Uwe

--
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
Re: Redirect build logs from Solr 8.x branch to builds@solr.apache.org [ In reply to ]
Maybe they affect both but they're mostly solr failures... sigh. I'd
move those to solr's mailing list - we monitor both anyway and if a
Lucene failure happens to be there we'll see it anyway. Like I said,
majority of those failures are known solr issues and it seems more
relevant to move it to solr's mailing list.

D.

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 10:07 PM Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:

> The solr 8.x builds (artifacts, cloud2refimpl) already go to builds@solr, what's the problem?
>
> It is only the test jobs that still go to builds@lucene, because they affect both projects. And that's a problem! I'd suggest to send all Lucene-Solr-XXX projects to both lists, because test failures affect both.
>
> I thought about splitting the jobs, but it's not easy with ant, as precommit and similar only work top-level.
>
> I will change the combined builds to sent to both lists.
>
> Uwe
>
> Am April 2, 2021 7:22:54 PM UTC schrieb David Smiley <dsmiley@apache.org>:
>>
>> +1 Certainly; shouldn't be controversial at all?
>>
>> ~ David Smiley
>> Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 11:02 AM Michael Sokolov <msokolov@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 it would be nice to be able to sort these out differently with filters

> Uwe Schindler
> Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
> https://www.thetaphi.de

I am already thinking about some trick:
Always send to Solr build list, but if the build log contains a reged about lucene test failures or compile errors, add Lucene. This can be fine with the pre-send script that we already have.

Will work on that over Easter vacation.

FYI, currently all JDK 17 builds fail due to invalid javadocs (invalid HTML 5). What's very annoying there is the verbosity of the Lucene Doclet. We should silence the info/debug stuff.

Uwe