Mailing List Archive

Lucene and Solr repositories mirrored, main branch ready
First of all, apologies for the e-mail commit bomb... Things like that
can happen, hard to tell in advance. Thanks to infra for helping out.

Solr and Lucene repositories have been cloned at commit 7ada403218.

Master branch is wiped out of content on all repositories, branch_8x
is wiped on lucene and solr repositories to avoid confusion (8x
development takes place at the joint repository).

I've removed lucene/solr from each other. Things should work out of
the box but if something does not, please file an issue (or better -
try to fix it).

There is going to be a lot of mundane cleanup work to remove cross
references and get the documentation going but it's all a follow-up.

Here is a short help guide to port existing PRs:
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/PRs.md

Github actions should work too, as shown here:
https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/2

Builds can be enabled (perhaps slowly, at first? :).

Solr developers: Lucene can be built and installed in your local maven
repositories with:
gradlew mavenToLocalRepo

Dawid

Re: Lucene and Solr repositories mirrored, main branch ready [ In reply to ]
Thank you everyone for the collective effort to clean up stale project
references, templates, etc.

D.

Re: Lucene and Solr repositories mirrored, main branch ready [ In reply to ]
Thank *you* Dawid! You and Jan have been big heroes of this transition!

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

Re: Lucene and Solr repositories mirrored, main branch ready [ In reply to ]
Totally agreed. They have really driven this to completion with as minimal
disruption as possible.

Special mention to Uwe, as always!

Re: Lucene and Solr repositories mirrored, main branch ready [ In reply to ]
Just tested out the main branch of the new repo, packaged, started, loaded
data, searched from the UI. All looks great. Very exciting! Thanks Dawid
for all your work on this!

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: Lucene and Solr repositories mirrored, main branch ready [ In reply to ]
> Just tested out the main branch of the new repo, packaged, started, loaded data, searched from the UI. All looks great.

Thank you, great to know!

Dawid

Re: Lucene and Solr repositories mirrored, main branch ready [ In reply to ]
Big thank you, Dawid, and Jan and others for taking the bull by the horns!

Re: Lucene and Solr repositories mirrored, main branch ready [ In reply to ]
Thank you Dawid!