Mailing List Archive

Solr project migration kick-off
Hi,

Now that Solr PMC is established, we can continue working on all the tasks in this migration.

We have a Confluence page at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENE/Solr+TLP+needed+changes for overall planning.

We have umbrella JIRA issues:
Solr: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14497 "Migrate to the Solr TLP"
Lucene: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9375 "Post Solr TLP move cleanup tasks"
Please help define and create relevant sub tasks for each of these

This email is to kick off this work. I hope many of us will pick up and "own" various sub-tasks and contribute to a smooth transition.
Most of the work can be coordinated in JIRA. I have also created slack channel #solr-migration for this purpose.

As PMC chair I'll primarily focus on tasks like creating repos, mailing lists, resolving questions with the board etc.
To get started I have assigned myself to SOLR-14499 and will start ordering the solr-site git repo.

Congrats everyone with this first milestone!

PS: New contributors are welcome to help, you don't need to be a committer!

Jan