the branch.

--
Anshum Gupta
Re: Help needed with fixing lucene-site GitHub repo [ In reply to ]
Have you considered using a merge commit for this? That won't require
force pushing

Re: Help needed with fixing lucene-site GitHub repo [ In reply to ]
Can you elaborate more around this? I was also trying to see if I could
just create a PR to merge production -> master, but that would just mess
up the history. It will bring the code in sync but I'm also not sure if
that would fix the larger problem.

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 12:01 PM Michael Sokolov <msokolov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you considered using a merge commit for this? That won't require
> force pushing
>
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 2:51 PM Anshum Gupta <anshum@anshumgupta.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Seems like during the last release, we directly committed the website
> changes to the production branch, bypassing the master. This is now causing
> issues with merging updates from master into prod using the simple 'create
> PR' -> 'merge master to prod' workflow.
> >
> > I was working with Cassandra to clean this up but we'd need help from
> someone who's more confident and experienced with such GitHub issues.
> >
> > I tried rebasing production to master in hopes that we'll get the
> missing commits correctly into master, but that seems to warn of the
> diverging branches and requires a force push, something I wasn't
> comfortable doing without another set of eyes :)
> >
> > If you have suggestions or know what to do here, please help with fixing
> the branch.
> >
> > --
> > Anshum Gupta

Anshum Gupta
Re: Help needed with fixing lucene-site GitHub repo [ In reply to ]
This has been resolved.

Thanks to everyone who helped :)