Mailing List Archive

JDK 16 is now in the Release Candidate Phase
*Hi Uwe & Dawid, *

*Per the JDK 16 schedule , we are in the Release Candidate Phase**[1] .*

*Please advise if you find any issues while testing the latest Early
Access builds.*

* Schedule for JDK 16
o *2021/02/04 Initial Release Candidate*
o 2021/02/18 Final Release Candidate
o 2021/03/16 General Availability
* Release Notes [2]

OpenJDK 16 Early Access build 35**is now available at
http://jdk.java.net/16 <http://jdk.java.net/16>

* These early-access, open-source builds are provided under the GNU
General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception
<http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
* Features [3] - the overall feature set is frozen. No further JEPs
will be targeted to this release.
* Changes in recent builds that maybe of interest:
o Build 34:
+ JDK-8259025: Record compact constructor using
Objects.requireNonNull
# Reported by JUnit5
o Build 32:
+ JDK-8259014: Incomplete support for Unix domain sockets in
Windows 2019 Server

* JDK 16 - topics of interest:
o Unix domain socket channels (JEP-380) overview:
https://inside.java/2021/02/03/jep380-unix-domain-sockets-channels/
<https://inside.java/2021/02/03/jep380-unix-domain-sockets-channels/>
o Java Feature Spotlight: Pattern Matching
https://inside.java/2021/01/22/feature-spotlight-pattern-matching/
<https://inside.java/2021/01/22/feature-spotlight-pattern-matching/>
o Foreign Memory Access - Pulling all the thread
https://inside.java/2021/01/25/memory-access-pulling-all-the-threads/
<https://inside.java/2021/01/25/memory-access-pulling-all-the-threads/>
* General – topic of interest:
o Inside Java Episode 11 “How to contribute to OpenJDK” with
Stuart Marks and Jesper Wilhelmsson
https://inside.java/2021/01/29/podcast-011/
<https://inside.java/2021/01/29/podcast-011/>

Project Lanai EA 9 Build 17-lanai+2-49 (2021/1/20)
<http://jdk.java.net/lanai/> is available now

* These early-access builds are provided under the GNU General Public
License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception
<http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>
* EA builds are intended for developers looking to test and provide
feedback on using Project Lanai.
* This is a macOS-specific project which implements a new Java 2D
graphics rendering pipeline for macOS.
* Project Lanai Wiki: https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/lanai/Main
<https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/lanai/Main>
* Please send feedback via e-mail to lanai-dev@openjdk.java.net
<mailto:lanai-dev@openjdk.java.net>. To send e-mail to this address
you must first subscribe to the mailing list
<https://mail.openjdk.java.net/mailman/listinfo/lanai-dev>.

Project Loom Build 17-loom+2-42 (2021/1/14) <http://jdk.java.net/loom/>
based on JDK-17+5
<https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/releases/tag/jdk-17%2B5> is available now

* These early-access builds are provided under the GNU General Public
License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception
<http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>
* These builds are intended for developers looking to "kick the tyres"
and provide feedback on using the API or by sending bug reports.
* API Javadoc :
https://download.java.net/java/early_access/loom/docs/api/
<https://download.java.net/java/early_access/loom/docs/api/>
* Please send feedback via e-mail to loom-dev@openjdk.java.net
<mailto:loom-dev@openjdk.java.net>. To send e-mail to this address
you must first subscribe to the mailing list
<http://mail.openjdk.java.net/mailman/listinfo/loom-dev>.

OpenJDK 17 Early Access build 8**is now available at
http://jdk.java.net/17 <http://jdk.java.net/17>

* These early-access, open-source builds are provided under the GNU
General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception
<http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
* Changes in recent builds that maybe of interest:
o Build 8:
+ JDK-8222850: Misleading cascade compiler error in switch
expression with undefined vars
# Reported by jOOQ.
+ JDK-8217633: Configurable extensions with system properties
+ JDK-8249867: DOM LSSerializer control of newline after XML
header
+ JDK-8256421: Added 2 HARICA Root CA Certificates
+ JDK-8259801: Enable XML Signature secure validation mode by
default
o Build 7:
+ JDK-8165276: Spec states to invoke the premain method in an
agent class if it's public but implementation differs
+ JDK-8256895: Add support for RFC 8954: Online Certificate
Status Protocol (OCSP) Nonce Extension
o Build 6:
+ JDK-8259048: (tz) Upgrade time-zone data to tzdata2020f

January 2021 Critical Patch Update Released:

* As part of the Jan 2021 CPU we released JDK 15.0.2, JDK 11.0.10 LTS,
JDK 8u281, and JDK 7u291 as well as OpenJDK 15.0.2 (publicly available).

Rgds, Rory

[1]
https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2021-February/005062.html
<https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2021-February/005062.html>
[2] https://jdk.java.net/16/release-notes
<https://jdk.java.net/16/release-notes>
[3] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/16/
<http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/16/>

--
Rgds, Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager
Re: JDK 16 is now in the Release Candidate Phase [ In reply to ]
Hi Uwe & Dawid,

Any issues to report with JDK 16 EA build 35 , have you had a chance to
test ?

Rgds,Rory