You can run the smoke tester directly with this command:

python3 -u dev-tools/scripts/smokeTestRelease.py \
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/lucene-solr-8.8.0-RC1-rev737cb9c49b08f6e3964c1e8a80132da3c764e027

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours i.e. until 2021-01-22 17:00 UTC.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1
----
Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
I’ve put up the DRAFT version of the Ref Guide for 8.8: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_8/.

I also created the Jenkins job for building the 8.8 guide which pushes to the Nightlies server in case we have edits between now and release (https://nightlies.apache.org/Lucene/Solr-reference-guide-8.8/).

Note branch_8_8 does not (yet) include the new Math Expressions guide being worked on in SOLR-13105. Still hoping that will make it, but thought I’d get this out sooner rather than later just in case.

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1

SUCCESS! [1:01:28.552891]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 (binding)

SUCCESS! [1:07:15.796578]

Also built a *local* Docker image from the RC and tested various features
with the Solr operator on K8s, such as the updates to the Prom exporter &
Grafana dashboard for query performance.

Looks good!

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 (binding)

SUCCESS! [1:05:30.358141]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 (binding)

SUCCESS! [1:04:15:20393]

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 1:03 PM Ignacio Vera <iverase@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> SUCCESS! [1:05:30.358141]
>

> On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 8:25 PM Timothy Potter <thelabdude@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> +1 (binding)
>>
>> SUCCESS! [1:07:15.796578]
>>

>> Also built a *local* Docker image from the RC and tested various features with the Solr operator on K8s, such as the updates to the Prom exporter & Grafana dashboard for query performance.
>>

>> Looks good!
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 12:06 PM Houston Putman <houstonputman@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1
>>>
>>> SUCCESS! [1:01:28.552891]

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1

SUCCESS! [1:06:13.147855]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1
SUCCESS! [1:10:23.173123]
On Ubuntu 20.04.1

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1

SUCCESS! [0:45:03.172117]

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 11:51 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 (binding)

SUCCESS! [1:31:27.365392]

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1
SUCCESS! [1:17:50.702261]

Thanks for your thorough testing Tim :-)

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 (non-binding)

I've merged branch locally and running our team's (Amazon Search) benchmark
tools. Everything looks good.

David Smiley <dsmiley@apache.org> ?2021?1?21??? ??9:30???

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1
SUCCESS! [0:59:24.721238]

Smoke tester passed, tried running a sample app with tons of collections
created, random data indexed, and some querying and all looked fine w/
SolrJ.

The changelog looks good too.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 8:51 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <

--
Anshum Gupta
Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1
SUCCESS! [0:52:56.337991]

Julie

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
+1 (binding)

Ran performance tests comparing Solr 8.7 to 8.8, saw significant
improvement with collection creation as reported on

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
While testing the artifacts some more, I realized that the cluster graph
doesn't show up on the admin UI any more.

I started the cluster with -e cloud -noprompt, and the getting started
collection was created successfully. The clusterstate, as well as the admin
UI confirm that.

I also tried creating a collection using the admin API, which was
successful, but the graph didn't reflect that either.

I've tested this using both Safari and Firefox, and it's clearly not a
browser issue.

Considering that the users rely on the graph, I think we might need to fix
and respin this.

--
Anshum Gupta
Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]

--
Anshum Gupta
Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
-1

I have been able to reproduce the regression that Anshum found, and would
like to change my vote accordingly.

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
Ah yeah, that was my bad ... missed some code in the backport to 8x. Fix is
in but needs a re-spin :-( Thanks for reporting / verifying Anshum & Mike

Cheers,
Tim

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
-1 for RC1.

The fix has been merged into 8x and 8.8 branches so we should be able to
respin and start another vote.

Thanks for the fix, Tim!

--
Anshum Gupta
Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
Thanks all, I'll respin. I'll abort this RC1.

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
Hi Christine,
I've already built the artifacts for rc2. But I'm fairly busy at the moment
to smoke test and told the artifact's right now.

I took a look at the pr and I approve it, thanks for fixing it (it was my
bad). Please merge it to the release branch in case it makes it to rc3.

Regards,
Ishan

Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene/Solr 8.8.0 RC1 [ In reply to ]
and *upload (not told) the artifacts.

On Fri, 22 Jan, 2021, 3:57 pm Ishan Chattopadhyaya, <