~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
Re: Solr CHANGES.txt 8.8 adjustment proposal [ In reply to ]
: Also, I see an "Upgrade Notes" section, that Hossman added (CC'ed), but I
: think as a community we agreed to omit such things from our CHANGES.txt and
: instead rely on solr-upgrade-notes.adoc (referenced at the *very* top of

I don't remember that decision being made -- but ok, fair enough...

If the plan moving forward is that there should be a pre-determined set of
headers, and that devs shouldn't be adding headings like "Upgrade Notes"
as needed anymore, then I would like to suggest someone
should probably make 'changes2html.pl' (or some othe tool run on
'check') fail if an unexpected header is added?

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/

Re: Solr CHANGES.txt 8.8 adjustment proposal [ In reply to ]
Modifying changes2html.pl would be like going from SHOULD NOT to a MUST
NOT. I'd prefer we have the flexibility to add a header when we feel it's
appropriate.