Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Sure Noble, if you are confident it doesn't disrupt the stability of the
release, please go ahead. In case there are any problems with
stability/performance discovered (due to this issue) at the time of the
release, I'll revert this. Thanks!

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
I've merged it .
Thanks

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 5:12 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Hi Devs,

Just admitted mom to a hospital, she has given us a sudden health scare. I
doubt I'll be around for this release or for some time now.

I've spoken to Noble and requested him to take over the release duties here.

Thanks and regards,
Ishan

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Wow. Good call on handing off the release duties so you can focus on
family. Take care!

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 3:46 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <

Sent from Gmail Mobile
Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Family first.

We got this covered Ishan

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Take care, Ishan!
Family is the most important thing.

Hi Noble,
Thank you for your support :D
The commit for the blocker issue(LUCENE-9661) that I mentioned before is
submitted on branch_8_8.
(github :
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/commit/d1eca6399131950c74de156a4fb564ba70bdfc86
)
(Apache gitbox :
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=lucene-solr.git;h=d1eca63)
Please let me know if there is a problem!

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Hi Noble,
I opened an issue to expose the compression mode that is used in binary doc
values. The configurable compression is a new feature in 8.8 so we'd like
to expose the compression mode that was used to write the segment in the
attributes of the field.
I'd like to backport to the 8.8 branch when it's ready so that we don't
need to add a new internal version in the doc values format. Is it
acceptable ?

Cheers,
Jim

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Sorry, I forgot to add the link to the issue:

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Oh, I just started the RC1.. I'm barely half way through the Solr tests,
though :-)
Jim, Please go ahead and backport it to the release branch, and I'll pick
it up in another attempt.
Thanks,
Ishan

p.s. I got a window of opportunity to get some work done, so I took over
from Noble tonight.

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Thanks Ishan, the change is merged in the 8.8 branch.
I should have said that it's not a blocker per say so if you've already
built RC1 and want to proceed with it please go ahead and I'll adapt the
change.

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the issue, Jim. Seemed important to get it in. I'll build the
RC1 today, but I have a very short time of availability. If I'm unable to
wrap it up, Noble will take over tomorrow.

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Hello Ishan. Is there still time for me to merge and backport https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/2196 for the fix this London morning for inclusion in RC2? The PR is essentially reviewed but not yet approved and with other things also going on I'd held off on it then so far. What do you think? Thanks!

From: dev@lucene.apache.org At: 01/12/21 02:38:20To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: 8.8 Release

Thanks Tim. I've now cut the branch for 8.8.
@David, let's get the fix in for the release.

Christine hasn't posted the fix yet but I'd guess there's a user work-around so the issue isn't pressing I suppose.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

Fix is in branch_8x and master now, sorry for the delay ;-)

Cheers,
Tim

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Sorry, I should have explicitly approved that PR; you had addressed my
concerns and I forgot about it, thinking it was in 8.8.
~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 4:29 AM Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) <

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
No worries, thanks for the review input!

The SOLR-15071 commits are now complete.

From: dev@lucene.apache.org At: 01/12/21 02:38:20To: dev@lucene.apache.org

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
My attempt to spin RC2 failed at one of the LTR tests,
https://gist.github.com/chatman/567afa09cc3e233d151f8e8b0f6b63e7.
This is a rare failure, so wondering if there's a bug somewhere (either in
LTR or schema loading). Ping Christine, Noble, FYI.

I'm trying another run, I have only an hour before I'm gone for a while. If
it fails again, I would request Noble to pick it up.

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 8:37 PM Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) <

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
please hold on there is a concurrency issue, I'm fixing it

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 12:54 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
I've pushed the changes.

@Ishan Chattopadhyaya if you are unavailable just ping me. I'll put up RC2

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Please take over, I'll be out for a week now. Thanks