days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
Thanks and regards,
Ishan
Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
This sounds good to me. Thanks for volunteering!

--
Adrien
Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Thanks for volunteering!

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <
ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
> There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to
> volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to
> build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4
> days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
> Thanks and regards,
> Ishan
>
> --
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
+1

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
With a view towards including it in the release, I'd appreciate code review input on

https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/1992 for

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14939 (JSON facets: range faceting to support cache=false parameter)

if anyone has some time next week perhaps?

Thanks in advance!

Christine

From: dev@lucene.apache.org At: 12/10/20 18:01:58To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: 8.8 Release

+1

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

There are lots of changes accumulated and some underway. I wish to volunteer for a 8.8 release, if there are no objections. I'm planning to build the RC in three weeks, i.e. 31 December (and cut the branch about 3-4 days before that). Please let me know if someone has any concerns.
Thanks and regards,
Ishan

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Thanks Ishan for volunteering

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Thanks for volunteering Ishan.

I think it might be a good idea to wait to cut and release 8.8 at least a
week into January. Many people are going to be away during the holiday
season, and particularly the last week of the year. Pushing into January
just gives more people a chance to look at the release and be involved.

- Houston

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Great point Houston! +1 on waiting until a week into January

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Sure, Houston. I'll wait another week. Have a good new year and merry
Christmas!

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
+1 Thanks for volunteering

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
+1 Thanks Ishan for volunteering, much appreciated!
--------------------------
Alessandro Benedetti
www.sease.io

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Happy New Year!

I was supposed to start the process tomorrow, but I think we're not ready
yet? I see SOLR-15052 still under review with intention of inclusion into
8.8.
Would it be reasonable to cut the release branch end of this week and start
the RC process around 13th January?
If there are any issues someone would want me to wait on, please let me
know.

Thanks,
Ishan

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 6:10 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Happy New Year!
I would much prefer that ensure 8.8 includes SOLR-14923 (a bad nested docs
performance issue)

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 6:59 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Thanks for following up on this Ishan ... I intend to get SOLR-15059 and
-15036 into 8.8 as well. I should have a proper PR up for SOLR-15036 by
Friday sometime, which seems to align with other's timeframes

Cheers,
Tim

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
I think all the issues mentioned above are in the branch, except
SOLR-15036. Tim, I'll cut a branch once that is in, latest by Wednesday AM
(USA time).
Thanks,
Ishan

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
15036 will be in later today, so you can plan to cut this evening US time
or tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tim

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 9:54 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Thanks Tim!

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Fix is in branch_8x and master now, sorry for the delay ;-)

Cheers,
Tim

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 10:50 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
FYI https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15071 for LTR a regression
Christine hasn't posted the fix yet but I'd guess there's a user
work-around so the issue isn't pressing I suppose.

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Thanks Tim. I've now cut the branch for 8.8.
@David, let's get the fix in for the release.

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
I’d love for SOLR-15056 to be in, but it is just a patch now and hasn’t had anything besides
local testing, so that is a bit of a long shot.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org
http://observer.wunderwood.org/ (my blog)

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Please go for it if you think it won't disrupt the stability and can be
wrapped up in 2-3 days.

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Hi Ishan,
It's late, but *happy new year*!

There is a blocker issue for 8.x (including 8.8)

Would it be okay to cherry-pick the commit for LUCENE-9661 to the 8.8
branch after merging?

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 1:48 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
Wish you a very happy new year, Namgyu!
Please proceed, thanks!

Re: 8.8 Release [ In reply to ]
@Ishan Chattopadhyaya

I wish to port https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14155 to
8.8, if it is OK

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 9:20 AM Ishan Chattopadhyaya