Mailing List Archive

[Lucene] Add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class
Hi,

I would like to add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class, it is really helpful for source reader to understand the data structure with point value

The attachment list part of the data structure ?filled with color means it has sub data structure?
Re: [Lucene] Add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class [ In reply to ]
Fantastic contribution!

I don't think we have images in our javadocs, but if you can prove me wrong
then great! We could link to it from javadocs and host it at the
Confluence based wiki here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENE/Home

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

Re: [Lucene] Add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class [ In reply to ]
Thanks David, add link in javadocs is great, got it ~

Re: [Lucene] Add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I just wrote an article about point-value data structure for the Lucene86PointsFormat class. Link: https://www.amazingkoala.com.cn/Lucene_Document/IndexFile/2020/1104/175.html <https://www.amazingkoala.com.cn/Lucene_Document/IndexFile/2020/1104/175.html>

I hope it helps to read the source code about point’s data structure

Re: [Lucene] Add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class [ In reply to ]
Hi, David

Here the link on my personal website to introduce index file .kdd&.kdi&kdm?https://www.amazingkoala.com.cn/Lucene_Document/IndexFile/2020/1104/175.html <http://www.amazingkoala.com.cn/Lucene_Document/IndexFile/2020/1104/175.html>

If it’s ok, I would like to rewrite it on https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENE/Home <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENE/Home>, but I have no permission to edit.

Jira link: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9590?filter=-2 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9590?filter=-2>

Actually, I have wrote some other articles to introduce Lucene but with Chinese, so if it is needed, I would like to write more in English.

Re: [Lucene] Add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class [ In reply to ]
Please register at the ASF's Confluence / wiki space. Then tell me your
userId, and I will then grant you permissions to edit our wiki.

Re: [Lucene] Add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class [ In reply to ]
Thanks David

My userId is luxugang

Re: [Lucene] Add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class [ In reply to ]
You now have access. Sorry for the delay!

Re: [Lucene] Add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class [ In reply to ]
Thanks David

????iPhone