Mailing List Archive

how to run/debug solr from eclipse
Hi all,

I want to run/debug Solr inside Eclipse to debug some troubles I'm having with streaming expressions. All the guides on the net explain how to do it with Ant, but from what I see Solr migrated to Gradle. I tried two methods, importing lucene-solr project as an existing gradle project, and running ./gradlew eclipse to generate eclipse project files and importing it as a regular eclipse project. There were many problems and red marks but assuming I can resolve them, how do I run Solr? Is there a simple main method that I can run, and how can I supply required minimal settings, especially for Cloud mode?

Regards
--
uyilmaz <uyilmaz@vivaldi.net>

Re: how to run/debug solr from eclipse [ In reply to ]
You would still start your solr from the command line with bin/solr as
usual. To build that in master (solr 9), you would run "./gradlew -p
solr/packaging assemble" and find the results in
solr/packaging/build/solr-9.0.0-SNAPSHOT/

To debug, you would connect to it as a remote Debug session and you
would pass those agentlib parameters to the bin/solr command with -a
flag. It has an example if you run bin/solr -h. I am not sure if you
can debug multiple Solr instances running at once with the same
Eclipse instance. Maybe you have to have multiple copies of it open
with different debug ports configured.

I do this with IntelliJ Idea, but it should be similar with Eclipse.

Regards,
Alex.
P.s. I haven't tried ./gradlew eclipse, but if you were switching
branches, there may be some junk leftover. You may want to do a very
clean checkout.