All this before August 15th

Please let me know when you want me to move your nodes over to the new
server.

Thanks

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator
ASF Infrastructure Team
Re: Migration of Lucene Jobs and Nodes [ In reply to ]
Hi Gavin,

I was one of the first ones who responded, but I had not time to take action yet. I also wanted to wait for some early adopters to see the possible problems.
I will come back to you on Slack. Would it be possible to get a zip file of the current Job configs for inspection and transformation?

Uwe

Re: Migration of Lucene Jobs and Nodes [ In reply to ]
Hi Uwe

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 9:17 PM Uwe Schindler <uschindler@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Gavin,
>
> I was one of the first ones who responded,

Yup I remember :)

> but I had not time to take action yet. I also wanted to wait for some
> early adopters to see the possible problems.
> I will come back to you on Slack. Would it be possible to get a zip file
> of the current Job configs for inspection and transformation?

It would yes, not sure much easier that would be as compared to just
re-creating from new, I guess that also depends on the number
of jobs.

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator
RE: Migration of Lucene Jobs and Nodes [ In reply to ]
Sorry still busy…

Can you create the folder for Lucene and maybe export the jobs’ XML. They are about 20 jobs all with Regex /^(Lucene|Solr)-.*/

You can attach it to this mail thread or place them in a Pastebin/Gist.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen

https://www.thetaphi.de

builds.apache.org <http://builds.apache.org> , your jobs need migrating to ci-builds.apache.org <http://ci-builds.apache.org> ; and ,
in your case, your two lucene nodes.

All this before August 15th

Please let me know when you want me to move your nodes over to the new
server.

Thanks

--

<https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=14XAxDiKQKdzj5fyVBrnygMFzK97BCLtZ&revid=0B5hu7lzp9DLfRkdTQUxHVVo3S0dDR1RPK1dSKys2Ym15QmtJPQ>

Gavin McDonald

Systems Administrator

ASF Infrastructure Team
Re: Migration of Lucene Jobs and Nodes [ In reply to ]
Hi Uwe,

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 6:12 PM Uwe Schindler <uschindler@apache.org> wrote:

> Sorry still busy…
>

> Can you create the folder for Lucene and maybe export the jobs’ XML. They
> are about 20 jobs all with Regex /^(Lucene|Solr)-.*/

I found 57 config.xml files related to Lucene and Solr

> You can attach it to this mail thread or place them in a Pastebin/Gist.

I tarred them all up and placed them in your home directory on
home.apache.org

*lucene-solr-jobs.tar.gz *

Each config.xml is in its own directory with the original job name as the
directory name

HTH

Gav...

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator
RE: Migration of Lucene Jobs and Nodes [ In reply to ]
Hi Gavin,

many thanks was very helpful. In the meantime I was also able to get JOB configs through the REST API (just append config.xml to the JOB URL on the old Jenkins), but thanks to your work, it makes it easier for me to review what we have.

From what I found out the jobs should more or less be identical on the new Jenkins CI (I will just try). To import the JOB, you can do a POST REST API request to the new server. I already created an API token to use CURL.

I opened a new Issue in ASF JIRA on how to proceed:

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-20644> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-20644

Looking forward to work with you as usual on Slack ????

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

uschindler@apache.org

ASF Member, Apache Lucene PMC / Committer

Bremen, Germany

https://lucene.apache.org/

I tarred them all up and placed them in your home directory on home.apache.org <http://home.apache.org>

RE: Migration of Lucene Jobs and Nodes [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Gavin and I moved all the Lucene builds to the new Cloudbees ASF Jenkins.

The root URL is: <https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Lucene/> https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Lucene/

All PMC members should be able to access it. There are still some minor issues, like we need to cleanup old workspaces, but in general it works. I will provide a documentation how I scripted the migration of JOBs using the Jnekisn REST API later today.

In short: You can move most jobs with a one-line CURL->CURL pipe and 2 API tokens. ????

Uwe

-----

Re: Migration of Lucene Jobs and Nodes [ In reply to ]
Do the precommit builds (PreCommit-LUCENE-Build
<https://builds.apache.org/view/PreCommit%20Builds/job/PreCommit-LUCENE-Build/>
and PreCommit-SOLR-Build
<https://builds.apache.org/view/PreCommit%20Builds/job/PreCommit-SOLR-Build/>)
need to be migrated as well? I noticed links to them when trying to update
the references in the repo to the new jenkins cluster.

- Houston