Mailing List Archive

JDK 15 is now in Rampdown Phase Two
Hi Uwe & Dawid, **

*Per the JDK 15 schedule, we are in Rampdown Phase Two* *[1]*

Per the JDK Release Process [2] we now turn our focus to *P1 and P2
bugs*, which can be fixed with approval [3].
Late enhancements are still possible, with approval [4], but the bar is
now extraordinarily high.

**Please advise if you have any open high priority issues.* *

* Schedule for JDK 15
o 2*020/07/16 Rampdown Phase Two*
o 2020/08/06 Initial Release Candidate
o 2020/08/20 Final Release Candidate
o 2020/09/15 General Availability

* Features included in JDK 15:
o JEP 339: Edwards-Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (EdDSA)
<http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/339>
o JEP 360: Sealed Classes (Preview) <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/360>
o JEP 371: Hidden Classes <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/371>
o JEP 372: Remove the Nashorn JavaScript Engine
<http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/372>
o JEP 373: Reimplement the Legacy DatagramSocket API
<https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/373>
o JEP 374: Disable and Deprecate Biased Locking
<http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/374>
o JEP 375: Pattern Matching for instanceof (Second Preview)
<https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/375>
o JEP 377: ZGC: A Scalable Low-Latency Garbage Collector
<http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/377>
o JEP 378: Text Blocks <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/378>
o JEP 379: Shenandoah: A Low-Pause-Time Garbage Collector
<https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/379>
o JEP 381: Remove the Solaris and SPARC Ports
<https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/381>
o JEP 383: Foreign-Memory Access API (Second Incubator)
<https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/383>
o JEP 384: Records (Second Preview)
<https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/384>
o JEP 385: Deprecate RMI Activation for Removal
<https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/385>

*JDK 15 **Early Access build 32 **is available**at : - jdk.java.net/15/*

These early-access, open-source builds are provided under the GNU
General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception.

* Release notes
o http://jdk.java.net/15/release-notes
* Recent fixes that might be of interest

Build 32

+ 8231800: Better listing of arrays
+ 8234836: Improve serialization handling
o Build 31
+ JDK-8248505: Unexpected NoSuchAlgorithmException when using
secure random impl from BCFIPS provider
o Build 29
+ JDK-8233014: Enable ShowCodeDetailsInExceptionMessages by
default

*JDK 16 Early Access build 6 ****is available**at : - jdk.java.net/16/*

These early-access, open-source builds are provided under the GNU
General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception.

* JEP Candidate
o JEP 388: Windows/AArch64 Port <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/388>
* JEPs proposed to target
o JEP 347: Enable C++14 Language Features
<https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/347>
* JEPs targeted to JDK 16, so far:
o JEP 369: Migrate to GitHub <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/369>
o JEP 357: Migrate from Mercurial to Git
<https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/357>

**

* Recent fixes that might be of interest

Build 32

+ 8231800: Better listing of arrays
+ 8234836: Improve serialization handling
o Build 5
+ JDK-8218021: Have jarsigner preserve posix permission attributes
+ JDK-8245302: Upgrade LogRecord to support long thread ids
and remove its usage of ThreadLocal
+ JDK-8248505: Unexpected NoSuchAlgorithmException when using
secure random impl from BCFIPS provider

*Cryptoroadmap updated *

* https://www.java.com/en/jre-jdk-cryptoroadmap.html

*The "Best of the JDK" feature face-off tournament: Result!*_*
*_

* *JDK Mission Control *is the winner based on the Twitter poll
<https://twitter.com/java/status/1281595323685703683?s=20>.

*The Quality Outreach Report for *June 2020**is available via the
Quality Wiki page*: **June 2020
<https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/quality/Quality+Outreach+report+June+2020>
*

*__*