Mailing List Archive

Gradle cutover timing
Solr is changing very rapidly, from the reference impl to moving DIH, ExtractingRequestHandler, et. al. to packages etc. This is going to make maintaining both the Gradle and Ant builds for trunk increasingly complicated.

Maintaining both has always been an interim solution until the Gradle build settles out and it’s pretty well settled. No doubt the first time we make a release from Gradle only there’ll be some things that bubble up, we can deal with those as necessary.

So I propose that it’s time to remove Ant build support from trunk.

Comments?
Re: Gradle cutover timing [ In reply to ]
+1

~ David

RE: Gradle cutover timing [ In reply to ]
Are we done with full artifact build and deployment on Maven?

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen

https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Gradle cutover timing [ In reply to ]
+1

Re: Gradle cutover timing [ In reply to ]
Uwe:

I really don’t know, Dawid Weiss put the Maven bits together. I can say that “gradlew tasks” shows a bunch of tasks having to do with Maven and according to the Gradle website there’s a plugin to do the needful: https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/publishing_maven.html#publishing_maven.

That said, I don’t know if Dawid has actually tried to do this or not.

So the current state AFAIK is that the tasks are there, but they’ll have to be proven out “for real”.

All:

I raised LUCENE-9433 to discuss.

Re: Gradle cutover timing [ In reply to ]
> Are we done with full artifact build and deployment on Maven?

No. But I can take care of that if somebody helps me out in preparing
the list of things needed for a full "release" cycle. I looked at
Jan's wizard scripts and it doesn't seem like much.

> That said, I don’t know if Dawid has actually tried to do this or not.

Some things are missing but I know how to handle them. This isn't
terribly complicated but you need to know where the knobs are... I'll
do it, doesn't make sense for anybody else to go through the pain of
learning it.

Dawid