Mailing List Archive

"optionally store document vectors in index"
Doug,

Could you give me some pointers to the approach you think should be
taken on this one? I'm in need of analyzing index terms from documents
retrieved by a query to identify further query expansion terms. We
already store the terms in a special field in the document, but that
leads to very slow processing because documents must be retrieved, field
re-parsed, etc. There are a couple of ideas that I'm going to try in the
next couple of weeks to fix this, but if you have a roadmap for this
already, I'd appreciate it. If the solution we end up with extends
Lucene, I'll be happy to contribute it back.

Thanks.
Dmitry.