Jakarta.

Thanks,

Doug
Re: final steps [ In reply to ]
The site was setup using the HOWTO at

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site2.html

The bottom of the page describes how to copy the site out of the CVS.

Any Committer with "site karma" can do this. Right now, that includes me
;-) I believe Brian would be able to grant the same to you if you want
to try it yourself.

The one other thing I keep forgetting is an entry in the Bug Database.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

We need to get Pier to set that up. We'll need a list of versions, and
components. The Committers should set up accounts there, and let us know
if they want the reports for certain components. A summary is also sent
to the DEV list each week.

Technically, we're suppose to post a formal release-plan specifying a
release-candidate and a release manager, and then have a vote before
making an actual release.

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/guidelines.html

To finish the release, the release manager can update the main site2
pages that list the releases, et cetera, and then we send an email to
ANNOUNCE. Jason or I could be the release manager, or help one of you.

We'd also need to put a copy of release under /dist/, and the nightlies
going too, but I'm a little fuzzy on that myself. Jason?

Ted

RE: final steps [ In reply to ]
> From: Ted Husted [mailto:husted@apache.org]
>
> Any Committer with "site karma" can do this. Right now, that
> includes me
> ;-) I believe Brian would be able to grant the same to you if you want
> to try it yourself.

I'm happy to let you do it.

Can you put up the javadoc now? That will fix the one broken link. While
you're at it, we might as well update the whole site from CVS. I removed
the "Under Construction" stuff, but no one should link to the site yet
anyway...

> The one other thing I keep forgetting is an entry in the Bug
> Database.
>
> http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

I made myself an account there.

As for Bugzilla components, we should probably have:
Other
Web Site
Store
Analysis
QueryParser
Examples

> Technically, we're suppose to post a formal release-plan specifying a
> release-candidate and a release manager, and then have a vote before
> making an actual release.

Okay, so maybe we should just start with the nightlies.

Doug
RE: final steps [ In reply to ]
> From: Doug Cutting [mailto:DCutting@grandcentral.com]
>
> Okay, so maybe we should just start with the nightlies.

Actually, it would be nice to have at least a milestone release when we go
public. What's involved in being the release manager? I'm happy to write
up some release notes, if that would help.

Doug
Re: final steps [ In reply to ]
on 9/27/01 2:22 PM, "Ted Husted" <husted@apache.org> wrote:

> http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/
>
> We need to get Pier to set that up.

Nope. I can do it.

Done.

-jon
RE: final steps [ In reply to ]
Ted, Jason,

Any progress on getting a milestone &/or nightly Lucene release together?

That and posting the Javadoc are the last things needed before we can
announce the move of Lucene to Jakarta.

Is there anything I can do to help?

Thanks,

Doug
Re: final steps [ In reply to ]
On 10/1/01 1:32 PM, "Doug Cutting" <DCutting@grandcentral.com> wrote:

> Ted, Jason,
>
> Any progress on getting a milestone &/or nightly Lucene release together?

I just asked Sam if he could upload nightly releases as they are build from
Gump.

> That and posting the Javadoc are the last things needed before we can
> announce the move of Lucene to Jakarta.

If you can build the javadoc than create a link on the site for it and that
should suffice. We have no central place for generated javadoc.

> Is there anything I can do to help?

If you feel that what you can build from CVS will suffice for a release than
I can build it and upload it to the jakarta site. You probably have access
yourself, I can send you details in private about where to slot files.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons
RE: final steps [ In reply to ]
> From: Jason van Zyl [mailto:jvanzyl@apache.org]
>
> If you can build the javadoc than create a link on the site
> for it and that
> should suffice. We have no central place for generated javadoc.

Okay. The first step according to the HOWTO is to logon to the web server,
but I don't know how to do that. Is it jakarta.apache.org? That refuses my
ssh attempts...

> If you feel that what you can build from CVS will suffice for
> a release than
> I can build it and upload it to the jakarta site.

If you have the time, please do this.

> You
> probably have access
> yourself, I can send you details in private about where to slot files.

That would be great. I'd like to know how this works.

Doug
Re: final steps [ In reply to ]
On 10/1/01 2:31 PM, "Doug Cutting" <DCutting@grandcentral.com> wrote:

>> From: Jason van Zyl [mailto:jvanzyl@apache.org]
>>
>> If you can build the javadoc than create a link on the site
>> for it and that
>> should suffice. We have no central place for generated javadoc.
>
> Okay. The first step according to the HOWTO is to logon to the web server,
> but I don't know how to do that. Is it jakarta.apache.org? That refuses my
> ssh attempts...

Maybe we can try to get you access if you don't have it to the main box as
you're the project lead.

>> If you feel that what you can build from CVS will suffice for
>> a release than
>> I can build it and upload it to the jakarta site.
>
> If you have the time, please do this.

Same as above, you should be able to do this.

>> You
>> probably have access
>> yourself, I can send you details in private about where to slot files.
>
> That would be great. I'd like to know how this works.

Ok, I think the first step might be getting you access.

I have talked with Sam and he'll be sending up nightly builds and they
will be available at

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-lucene/nightly/