Mailing List Archive

Re: [Lucene-dev] Movement of source to Jakarta
The Apache sites are high profile so security is very, very tight.

But, if you can keep the FAQManager where it is, there's no reason why
you can't link back and forth ;-)

Which is what I did for starters:

http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene

If there's any problem with keeping lucene.com where it is, I know an
ISP who might donate the space.

-Ted.

RE: [Lucene-dev] Movement of source to Jakarta [ In reply to ]
I'm excited to see the move to Jakarta has started. I was away on vacation
last week, but should be able to devote some time to Lucene this week.

Lucene's website is fairly simple and, with the exception of the FAQ, does
not change much. I can't see any reason for the Jakarta version not to
conform to Jakarta's conventions. So it would be great if you could convert
the existing content to Jakarta style.

For the original artwork, check out:
http://www.lucene.com/lucene-artwork.zip
It would be nice to extract and reuse the Lucene refrigerator chrome logo.

When things are ready, I can change the CNAME for www.lucene.com to point to
the Jakarta site.

Finally, any work on good example code for Lucene would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug
Re: [Lucene-dev] Movement of source to Jakarta [ In reply to ]
Thanks, Doug.

We did as you suggested, and converted the Lucene site to the Jakarta
format while you were away last week. It's up at

http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene

Any chance you could provide a GIF of the refrigerator logo about 300
pixels wide. I took a look at the artwork ZIP, but wasn't sure which
file to use.

One thing that came up was the FAQ. The security at Jakarta is rather
tight, and if we'd like to keep the FAQ as a Perl script, it would be
better if it lived someplace else. Could it stay under lucene.com? If
that's a problem, I'm sure I can find a place to host it.

BTW, is there an interesting anctedote behind the Lucene name?

-- Ted Husted.

RE: [Lucene-dev] Movement of source to Jakarta [ In reply to ]
Hi Ted,

I guess we can keep the FAQ on SF unless there is something unethical
with it.

Currently the Lucene site is checked in the CVS and then we run a script
to retrieve the latest version from the CVS. I presume we can do the same
using the CVS on the Jakarta server and using anonymous CVS to update the
site. This the sources of the FAQ are always available for people to
download
and we can easily switch from one CGI server to another.

I have not played with the Jakarta CVS yet. Please let us know when the
files
are checked in the Jakarta depot (you may want to seperate the FAQ files
from the
rest of the site since it will be served by a seprate server and will not
be part of the site).

Thanks,

Tal

Re: [Lucene-dev] Movement of source to Jakarta [ In reply to ]
The Website as it stands is checked in. It was setup using Jon's HOWTO
at

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site2.html

The only trick is that you will usually login to cvs.apache.org to
commit to the CVS, but to update the Website from CVS you need to login
to jakarta.apache.org instead, and then follow the instructions on the
HOWTO ("Modification of the Website").

Just to be clear, I don't think running the FAQ Manager Perl script on
Jakarta is an option. If you want to host it offsite, that's fine. There
is also the Jyve FAQ application on Jakarta, which some of the products
use.

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/faqs.html

The HOWTO's for the Jakarta CVS are at the very bottom of

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html

You should have received your account information by email (via your
SourceForge account) from Brian B. If anyone who was on the committer
list at SourceForge did not receive a login, let us know.

Jason is handled the source code portion, and I don't know the status of
that.

-Ted.

Re: [Lucene-dev] Movement of source to Jakarta [ In reply to ]
On 9/18/01 8:35 AM, "Ted Husted" <archive@jab.org> wrote:

> Jason is handled the source code portion, and I don't know the status of
> that.

Just placing some licenses in files and checking the javacc setup and I'll
check it all in.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons
Re: [Lucene-dev] Movement of source to Jakarta [ In reply to ]
On 9/18/01 8:35 AM, "Ted Husted" <archive@jab.org> wrote:

> Jason is handled the source code portion, and I don't know the status of
> that.

I've import the sources and the main "jar" target is building. I haven't
tried the test targets yet but will look at them later today. I figured I
would get the converted source into the repository for perusal.

I have yet to see any cvs messages yet ...