Mailing List Archive

Movement of source to Jakarta
There's an "under construction" starter site up at

http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene

I just set it up like the other Jakarta sites. Though, that is not a
requirement, and the Lucene Committers can handle this in any way you
please. The howto for what has been done so far is at

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site2.html

Basically, we set the sites up as XML documents, and then are rendered
as HTML. This is a compromise between a dynamic site that can be easily
changed an a static site that gives better performance.

The site is maintained under CVS, so any one with CVS permissions
("karma") 1can make and commit whatever changes are needed. Jason will
be helping you get started with the CVS end of it.

Again, you are most welcome to do anything you want with the Web site.
One thing that would be especially helpful is the original Lucene
graphic if it were avialable. I tried to resize the GIF, but it didn't
come out very well ;-(

If you want to keep it much as it is, I would be happy to help maintain
it. I'll also be acting as the Lucene contact with the Jakarta Project
Management Committee.

Meanwhile, I've been talking with David Duddleston about turning his
quick-and-dirty WebSearch program into an open source example we could
host at Jakarta. Turbine does this with a couple of applications (like
Jyve), and we're going to start doing it at Struts too.

If there are no objections, I'd like to try and refactor what David
started to use the Struts framework, and post it under Lucene or Struts
(or both) as a working example application.

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/
RE: [Lucene-dev] Movement of source to Jakarta [ In reply to ]
Hi Ted,

We are using FAQManager (a Perl CGI script) for the FAQ and it is very easy
and
intuitive to use (both for the maintainer and visitors). It would be great
if we
can keep it on the Jakarta Lucene site.

Does the Jakarta server support PERL/CGI ?

Thanks,

Tal Dayan
FAQ Maintainer