Mailing List Archive

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 8.8.0 released

Solr is the popular, blazing fast, open source NoSQL search platform from
the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful full-text
search, hit highlighting, faceted search and analytics, rich document
parsing, geospatial search, extensive REST APIs as well as parallel SQL.
Solr is enterprise grade, secure and highly scalable, providing fault
tolerant distributed search and indexing, and powers the search and
navigation features of many of the world's largest internet sites.

The release is available for immediate download at:

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/downloads.html

Please read CHANGES.txt for a detailed list of changes:

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/8_8_0/changes/Changes.html Solr 8.8.0

Release Highlights:

Reducing overseer bottlenecks using per-replica states. More stability and
lesser load on large cluster that use this feature.

Better restart and collection creation performance.

Interleaving support in Learning To Rank

A summary of important changes is published in the Solr Reference Guide at:

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_8/solr-upgrade-notes.html.

For the most exhaustive list, see the full release notes at
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/8_8_0/changes/Changes.html

or

by viewing the CHANGES.txt file accompanying the distribution. Solr's
release notes usually don't include Lucene layer changes. Lucene's release
notes are at

https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_0/changes/Changes.html

Noble Paul
Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 8.8.0 released [ In reply to ]
Hi all,
This release contains a critical bug, that should be fixed in 8.8.1
shortly. Please avoid upgrading to this release for the moment.
https://twitter.com/ichattopadhyaya/status/1360163382171586562
Apologies for the inconvenience.
Thanks,
Ishan