Mailing List Archive

velocity reponse writer javascript execution problem
Hi,

This is my first mail to the group. Nice to be here.

4 years ago, I have set up a solr search interface using velocity response
writer templates. (Solr version : 5.3.1)

I want to re-do the interface with new solr version(8.5.1). After some
tests, I have realized that velocity response writer templates do not run
JavaScript codes. Even the auto-complete feature at Solr's techproducts demo
is not working, which also uses velocity response writer templates and
relies on JavaScript for that function.

Is it due to security vulnerability I have heard couple of years ago? Is
there a work around so that I can use velocity templates that executes
JavaScript? Or is it only me having this problem.

Thanks for the replies in advance.

Serkan,