Mailing List Archive

multi word synonym
I have found the previous discussions on multi word synonyms as as well as
the section on synonym injection in Hatcher's book, but have not been able
to come up with a satisfactory solution. I am indexing text that has several
multi word synonyms. Some of the synonyms may have single words as one of
the synonym. These words should only match for the appropriate multi word
phrase searches - in other words, "chest pain", should only match a query
for "chest pain" and not for "chest" or "pain". In addition, it will match
angina (synonym). So, in this sentence:
Lab results for alpha 1 antitrypsin level....
I would like to index 'alpha-1-antitrypsin', 'antitrypsin', 'antitrypsin,
alpha 1', 'A1AT' as synonyms for the phrase alpha-1-antitrypsin in the
sentence. Thanks in advance...
madhu