Please vote to release these artifacts as PyLucene 6.5.0.
Anyone interested in this release can and should vote !

Thanks !

Andi..

ps: the KEYS file for PyLucene release signing is at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/lucene/pylucene/KEYS
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/pylucene/KEYS

pps: here is my +1
Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 6.5.0 (rc1) (now with Python 3 support) [ In reply to ]
> On Mar 29, 2017, at 12:11, Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 28 March 2017, Andi Vajda wrote:
>> The PyLucene 6.5.0 (rc1) release tracking today's release of
>> Apache Lucene 6.5.0 is ready.
>>
>> A release candidate is available from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/pylucene/6.5.0-rc1/
>>
>> PyLucene 6.5.0 is built with JCC 3.0 included in these release
>> artifacts.
>>
>> JCC 3.0 now supports Python 3.3+ (in addition to Python 2.3+).
>> PyLucene may be built with Python 2 or Python 3.
>>
>> Please vote to release these artifacts as PyLucene 6.5.0.
>> Anyone interested in this release can and should vote !
>>
>> Thanks !
>>
>> Andi..
>>
>> ps: the KEYS file for PyLucene release signing is at:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/lucene/pylucene/KEYS
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucene/pylucene/KEYS
>>
>> pps: here is my +1
>
> +1
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regarding that release candidate. There are still one or two minor
> issues on Linux

I'm aware of the fsct that the -lpython... link line for shared mode on linux needs editing depending on the versions of python used. Are there other issues on linux ?

> and Windows I think. I will test again and report soon.

I have no access to windows anymore. We (Apache committers) used to get a MSDN free subscription but that program was apparently discontinued. If you have access to windows, thank you for trying out PyLucene and JCC there !

Andi..

Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 6.5.0 (rc1) (now with Python 3 support) [ In reply to ]
> On Mar 29, 2017, at 13:36, Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> On Wednesday 29 March 2017, Andi Vajda wrote:
>
>>> Regarding that release candidate. There are still one or two minor
>>> issues on Linux
>>
>> I'm aware of the fsct that the -lpython... link line for shared mode
>> on linux needs editing depending on the versions of python used. Are
>> there other issues on linux ?
>
> No other issues. I've fixed -lpython for myself like this
> https://github.com/rudimeier/jcc/commit/b4a7987ebeeb96d6c71b7635160f798303715877
>
> but you probably want do avoid the .so version earlier like you did for
> OSX. You may fix it blindly as you prefer and I could test it.
>
>>> and Windows I think. I will test again and report soon.
>>
>> I have no access to windows anymore. We (Apache committers) used to
>> get a MSDN free subscription but that program was apparently
>> discontinued. If you have access to windows, thank you for trying out
>> PyLucene and JCC there !
>
> I could somehow organize a windows for testing, though it would be
> painful for me. ;) I would do it shortly before final release if nobody
> else does it.

Don't bother. If there are no windows users willing to test this then we don't need to support windows anymore.

> So far I believe that the patch here in my last comment would do it
> https://github.com/rudimeier/jcc/issues/1
> (It was also part of tommykoch's port)

Ok, I'll take another look...

Andi..

Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 6.5.0 (rc1) (now with Python 3 support) [ In reply to ]
+1 to release.

I tested on Ubuntu 16.04 with Python 3.5.2 and Java 1.8.0_121.

I ran my usual smoke test of indexing first 100K docs from Wikipedia
English export and running a few searches. But first I had to run 2to3 on
this ancient script!

I had to apply Ruediger's patch to JCC's setup.py else it was trying to
link with -lpython3.5 but I have -lpython3.5m.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 6.5.0 (rc1) (now with Python 3 support) [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 29 Mar 2017, Michael McCandless wrote:

> +1 to release.
>
> I tested on Ubuntu 16.04 with Python 3.5.2 and Java 1.8.0_121.
>
> I ran my usual smoke test of indexing first 100K docs from Wikipedia
> English export and running a few searches. But first I had to run 2to3 on
> this ancient script!
>
> I had to apply Ruediger's patch to JCC's setup.py else it was trying to
> link with -lpython3.5 but I have -lpython3.5m.

Yes, that's the part on Linux that needs editing. I might have to isolate
this into another FLAGS dictionary to make it more obvious. What is the
additional 'm' for ? Is this a Python 3 thing ? In that case, I can just add
it myself and spare everyone else the editing.

Thank you, Mike, for your vote !

Andi..