Mailing List Archive

How to disable the multivalued in managed schema ?
Hello,

1.I am trying to use the managed schema to index my data. But a simple single valued int,double,float fields are becoming multivalued by default and I am unable to sort on them when I make an UI call .(I am reading them as array as now) is there a way to make "multivalued=false" for all the fields in the managed-schema ?

2.If I choose to use schema.xml,is there a way to add the new fields through an api call ?
I noticed that schema API works only on the managed schema class.

Thanks,
Manjunath