Mailing List Archive

Customize score algorithm
I'm a long time user of Elasticsearch and Solr, have used in lots of
projects, but until now didn't need to change how the documents are scored.

The actual project my team is developing have a very specific need of
precision and scoring.
Recentely found Algolia, they built a search engine from scratch using a
different aproach from Lucene. The main diffence is on scoring, in my
opinion the way they score is better suited to structured documents (like
products on a ecommerce), the sort is like a sql database, when there are
criterias and they are sorted in order.

The way Lucene works with a single float score works very well for
unestructured documents, but when you know exactly what you want and in
what field, Algolia approach seems better.

The question is, there is any way to do overwrite the way Lucene score? I
need to have several fields or a object, intead of a single float,
something like this:

{
exactMatch: 2,
typo: 0,
customFieldScore: 10
}

Thanks!
Re: Customize score algorithm [ In reply to ]
coir.edu there;s a paper by croft et al about the impact of structured data onslaught being handled by IR engines with strengths in unstructured.

Re: Customize score algorithm [ In reply to ]
http://ciir.edu

Re: Customize score algorithm [ In reply to ]
crikey. here it is: http://ciir.cs.umass.edu/

http://ciir.cs.umass.edu/