Mobile : +33 630733572
Skype :Gor.joseph@outlook.com
E-mail :Gor.joseph@outlook.com
Re: Guidance needed [ In reply to ]
There's an excellent book called "Code Reading" that could help you make
sense of it.

My advice is to figure out first how to:
(a) build using ant, outside of Eclipse or any IDE
(b) run the tests using ant, outside of Eclipse or any IDE
(c) start a server with custom configuration, outside of Eclipse or any IDE

Then, you need to start dividing the code into different components in your
mind - Solr, Lucene, Indexing, Query Process, Structures on Disk,
Structures in memory (cache), etc.

I wish I had time to follow my own advice - I know what to do, but have a
couple of full-time commitments (work & family)