Mailing List Archive

Re: Guidance needed
Welcome! Thanks for wanting to contribute. Usually people contribute out
of necessity to improve or fix something for a real project. That helps
focus one's self on something and establish a goal. Since that isn't the
case for you, I suggest looking through our JIRA issues tagged "newdev":
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(SOLR%2C%20LUCENE)%20AND%20text%20~%20newdev
Or perhaps search for "gsoc" (which stands for Google Summer of Code).

~ David