Mailing List Archive

using date-recency criteria within Lucene
We want to be able to apply a date-score criteria within Lucene so that more-recent documents score higher.

We also want to be able to apply some boost factor to this date-field score.

Right now we use Lucense to score the documents based on search citeria and then apply our own "recency-of-date+bost factor factor" formula. We thus generate a combined score which we then use to display results that now incorporate the date criteria.

But we prefer to do this completely within Lucene. Is there a way to do this? What is the best way? Which functiojn, field would we use?

Thank you,
Felix