Mailing List Archive

Help: can't find IPv6addr in heartbeat 3.0.4 package
Hi all,

First time sending a message to this mail list.

I have been using heartbeat for my company products for quite some time. I am using

heartbeat-3.0.4-2.el6.x86_64

heartbeat-libs-3.0.4-2.el6.x86_64

Recently, there is a new requirement for adding support for IPv6. However, when trying to use /etc/ha.d/resource.d/IPv6addr to configure a VIP in IPv6 format, it failed in invoking /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/IPv6addr. The file does not exist in that directory.

Not sure why the file IPv6addr is missing there. Wonder if anyone can tell me where to download the missing IPv6addr, or can send me a copy of the file, that is really appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Qin
Re: Help: can't find IPv6addr in heartbeat 3.0.4 package [ In reply to ]
On 03/23/2017 04:38 PM, Qin Zhang (qingzha) wrote:

> Not sure why the file IPv6addr is missing there. Wonder if anyone can
> tell me where to download the missing IPv6addr, or can send me a copy
> of the file, that is really appreciated.

It's on the github:
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/tree/master/heartbeat

and a quick look at Makefile suggests that if you run make with
USE_IPV6ADDR_AGENT defined, it will be built. No idea why epel
maintainer didn't.

I'd try building from the source rpm with .spec edited for the above.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin
Re: Help: can't find IPv6addr in heartbeat 3.0.4 package [ In reply to ]
PS. sorry, it's the resource-agents rpm, not EPEL, so keep in mind
redhat may update it and overwrite your custom build if you're not careful.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin