Mailing List Archive

Wiki for planning created - Re: [Pacemaker] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015
I just created a dedicated/fresh wiki for planning and organizing:

http://plan.alteeve.ca/index.php/Main_Page

Other than the domain, it has no association with any existing project,
so it should be a neutral enough platform. Also, it's not owned by
$megacorp (I wish!), so spying/privacy shouldn't be an issue I hope. If
there is concern, I can setup https.

If no one else gets to it before me, I'll start collating the data from
the mailing list onto that wiki tomorrow (maaaybe today, depends).

The wiki requires registration, but that's it. I'm not bothering with
captchas because, in my experience, spammer walk right through them
anyway. I do have edits email me, so I can catch and roll back any spam
quickly.

--
Digimer
access to education?
Re: [Cluster-devel] Wiki for planning created - Re: [Pacemaker] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015 [ In reply to ]
On 11/27/2014 5:52 PM, Digimer wrote:
> I just created a dedicated/fresh wiki for planning and organizing:
>
> http://plan.alteeve.ca/index.php/Main_Page
>
> Other than the domain, it has no association with any existing project,
> so it should be a neutral enough platform. Also, it's not owned by
> $megacorp (I wish!), so spying/privacy shouldn't be an issue I hope. If
> there is concern, I can setup https.
>
> If no one else gets to it before me, I'll start collating the data from
> the mailing list onto that wiki tomorrow (maaaybe today, depends).
>
> The wiki requires registration, but that's it. I'm not bothering with
> captchas because, in my experience, spammer walk right through them
> anyway. I do have edits email me, so I can catch and roll back any spam
> quickly.

Awesome! thanks for taking care of it. Do you have a chance to add also
an instance of etherpad to the site?

Mostly to do collaborative editing while we sit all around the same table.

Otherwise we can use a public instance and copy paste info after that in
the wiki.

Fabio
Re: [Cluster-devel] Wiki for planning created - Re: [Pacemaker] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015 [ In reply to ]
On 28/11/14 12:33 AM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:

> On 11/27/2014 5:52 PM, Digimer wrote:
>> I just created a dedicated/fresh wiki for planning and organizing:
>>
>> http://plan.alteeve.ca/index.php/Main_Page
>>
>> Other than the domain, it has no association with any existing project,
>> so it should be a neutral enough platform. Also, it's not owned by
>> $megacorp (I wish!), so spying/privacy shouldn't be an issue I hope. If
>> there is concern, I can setup https.
>>
>> If no one else gets to it before me, I'll start collating the data from
>> the mailing list onto that wiki tomorrow (maaaybe today, depends).
>>
>> The wiki requires registration, but that's it. I'm not bothering with
>> captchas because, in my experience, spammer walk right through them
>> anyway. I do have edits email me, so I can catch and roll back any spam
>> quickly.
>>

> Awesome! thanks for taking care of it. Do you have a chance to add also
> an instance of etherpad to the site?
>
> Mostly to do collaborative editing while we sit all around the same table.
>
> Otherwise we can use a public instance and copy paste info after that in
> the wiki.
>
> Fabio

Never tried setting up etherpad before, but if it runs on rhel 6, I
should have no problem setting it up.

--
Digimer
access to education?
Re: [Pacemaker] [Cluster-devel] Wiki for planning created - Re: [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015 [ In reply to ]
On 28/11/14 00:37 -0500, Digimer wrote:
> On 28/11/14 12:33 AM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
>> On 11/27/2014 5:52 PM, Digimer wrote:
>>> I just created a dedicated/fresh wiki for planning and organizing:
>>>
>>> http://plan.alteeve.ca/index.php/Main_Page
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Awesome! thanks for taking care of it. Do you have a chance to add also
>> an instance of etherpad to the site?
>>
>> Mostly to do collaborative editing while we sit all around the same table.
>>
>> Otherwise we can use a public instance and copy paste info after that in
>> the wiki.
>>
> Never tried setting up etherpad before, but if it runs on rhel 6, I should
> have no problem setting it up.

Provided no conspiracy to be started, there are a bunch of popular
instances, e.g. http://piratepad.net/

--
Jan
Re: [Cluster-devel] [Pacemaker] Wiki for planning created - Re: [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015 [ In reply to ]
On 11/28/2014 8:10 PM, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> On 28/11/14 00:37 -0500, Digimer wrote:

>>> Awesome! thanks for taking care of it. Do you have a chance to add also
>>> an instance of etherpad to the site?
>>>
>>> Mostly to do collaborative editing while we sit all around the same table.
>>>
>>> Otherwise we can use a public instance and copy paste info after that in
>>> the wiki.
>>>
>> Never tried setting up etherpad before, but if it runs on rhel 6, I should
>> have no problem setting it up.
>
> Provided no conspiracy to be started, there are a bunch of popular
> instances, e.g. http://piratepad.net/

Right, some of them only store etherpads for 30 days. Just be careful
the one we choose or we make our own.

Fabio
Re: [Cluster-devel] [Pacemaker] Wiki for planning created - Re: [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015 [ In reply to ]
On 29/11/14 12:45 AM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:

> On 11/28/2014 8:10 PM, Jan Pokorný wrote:

>>> Never tried setting up etherpad before, but if it runs on rhel 6, I should
>>> have no problem setting it up.
>>
>> Provided no conspiracy to be started, there are a bunch of popular
>> instances, e.g. http://piratepad.net/
>>

> Right, some of them only store etherpads for 30 days. Just be careful
> the one we choose or we make our own.
>
> Fabio

I'll set one up, but I'll need a few days, I'm out of the country at the
moment. It's not needed until the conference, is it? Or will you want to
have it before then?

--
Digimer
access to education?
Re: Wiki for planning created - Re: [Pacemaker] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015 [ In reply to ]
On 27/11/14 11:52 AM, Digimer wrote:
> I just created a dedicated/fresh wiki for planning and organizing:
>
> http://plan.alteeve.ca/index.php/Main_Page
>
> Other than the domain, it has no association with any existing project,
> so it should be a neutral enough platform. Also, it's not owned by
> $megacorp (I wish!), so spying/privacy shouldn't be an issue I hope. If
> there is concern, I can setup https.
>
> If no one else gets to it before me, I'll start collating the data from
> the mailing list onto that wiki tomorrow (maaaybe today, depends).
>
> The wiki requires registration, but that's it. I'm not bothering with
> captchas because, in my experience, spammer walk right through them
> anyway. I do have edits email me, so I can catch and roll back any spam
> quickly.

Ok, I was getting 3~5 spam accounts created per day. To deal with this,
I setup 'questy' captcha program with five (random) questions that
should be easy to answer, even for non-english speakers. Just the same,
if anyone has any trouble registering, please feel free to email me
directly and I will be happy to help.

Madi

--
Digimer